At Zopa, we’re shaping the future of finance.
We offer simple loans and smart investments that help people take control of their finances and do more with their money. In the 12 years we’ve been in business, we’ve helped more than 60,000 people lend over £2.8 billion to 300,000 UK consumers.
And our journey’s only just beginning. In November 2016 we announced our plans to build a next generation bank so that we can bring a greater range of smart, ethical finance products to even more people.
This role is based in our new development center in Barcelona!
Zopa has now more than 300 people in London, 15 people in Barcelona and growing
We are building the bank of the future with cutting edge technologies and are looking for Software Developers to build brand new micro-services in Java deployed through Kubernetes in Amazon AWS. Utilising Kafka and Kafka Streams, creating the scalable backbone that powers the growth of the company. On the front-end side, we are using React Js and React native to encourage code reuse and make sure we can give a great experience to both our Android and iOS users from the beginning - definitely not your regular bank!
You will build solutions that solve real-world problems, in a cross-functional team - small, agile and adaptable to whatever challenges come our way. Interaction with stakeholders and key business users is a way of life here. We're big believers in a lean philosophy and flexibility in implementation, while aiming to achieve stack consistency and alignment across the board.
These are the essential elements:
- Experience in one or more of Java, Scala, Python or C#. Basic understanding or keen-ness to learn the others.
- Strong emphasis on unit testing (plus integration, end-to-end). We are a financial institution and a strong commitment to quality is essential.
- Be happy to talk to key stakeholders on a daily basis and be able to understand and be interested in the business objectives of the company.
- Product-focused engineers - you will be part of a team that is on the front line of our business and you will see the direct impact of your work.
Bonus points for:
- You've worked on large scale distributed systems that have proven scalability and complex topologies.
- Experience with Kafka and/or a streams-based platform (Samza, Storm).
- If you have worked with microservices and message-based architectures in the past (and understand both the pros and cons), we are interested.
What we offer:
- New Office in sunny Barcelona. We are right next to Sants station, a central area of Barcelona
- Free Fresh fruit + Fresh Orange Juice
- Great coffee and tea
- Friday Drinks
- E-Learning membership
- Company events & Zocial events
- Private Health Insurance
- Referral bonus
- Flexible Working
- Help with relocation and VISA
- Working within an award-winning and culturally fantastic Team
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Zopa company page is empty
Add a description and pictures to attract more candidates and boost your employer branding.