In a world of shifting consumer expectations, disruptive business models, and relentless technology change, Magento Commerce is dedicated to creating irresistible shopping experiences. We envision a world of commerce without limits. A world where technology is open to everyone, available everywhere, and powered by human ingenuity. Trusted by more than 260,000 businesses worldwide, Magento Commerce is the leading provider of cloud commerce innovation to merchants and brands across B2C and B2B industries. In addition to its flagship open source digital commerce platform, Magento Commerce boasts a strong portfolio of cloud-based omni-channel solutions empowering merchants to successfully integrate digital and physical shopping experiences. Our flexible, scalable Commerce solution is designed to help our clients grow and succeed online. Magento Commerce is supported by a vast global network of solution and technology partners, a highly active global developer community and the largest commerce marketplace for extensions available for download on the Magento Marketplace. From the first click through checkout and beyond, Magento Commerce unlocks the power of digital commerce to achieve extraordinary growth and differentiation. Learn more about us at www.magento.com.
Magento is looking for an exceptional Software Engineer to join our team and help construct the core of the Magento Order Management product, as well as participate in the architecture and development of new, greenfield initiatives. We process and manage a substantial volume and variety of eCommerce and Logistics data. We invite you to be involved in building complex, fully featured Order Management capabilities, developing a distributed microservices system at scale, building tools and features to support cutting edge logistics, and designing projects for long-term reasonability and extensibility.
What You Must Have:
- Passion, ambition, and optimism, offset with realism. We are an ambitious Engineering organization with big goals. We take big chances and know that optimism and perseverance are the keys to success; and we are tested on that daily. If this excites you, great. If uncertainty is uncomfortable, this might not be the right place for you.
- Curiosity backed by execution. Technology is our mantra, and you should be prepared to geek out on the intricacies of ecommerce, Logistics, and Order Management. There’s a lot to learn and define, and you will naturally need to be obsessed with staying ahead of the curve. But it doesn’t stop there. You must leverage that learning and turn it into creating amazing experiences both inside and outside of Magento.
- Motivation and determination. Exciting, and daunting challenges face us every day at Magento. We excel in the pursuit of challenging goals. Magento is looking for fighters, who go to bed and wake up each day with a fire in the belly.
What You Must Do To Be Successful In This Position:
- Apply deep knowledge of the fundamentals of Software Engineering to write robust, maintainable, efficient code that powers the Magento Order Management product
- Apply experience working with fault-tolerant, resilient, highly-available distributed systems
- 4+ years of experience building Web Applications and Software-as-a-Service Platforms
- A demonstrated history of working and supporting DevOps culture, from build to deploy
- Good foundation in software architecture design patterns and the ability to apply those principles to real-world software problems
- Strong experience working with relational or NoSQL databases and an understanding of the trade-offs involved in interacting with SQL systems
- A demonstrated history of working with different technologies and a capacity to grown and learn difficult things continually
- Exceptional communication is a must
What Skills & Experience We’d Like You To Have:
- Deep knowledge of PHP, Python, Java/C#, Go – or solid OOP experience
- A strong background building ecommerce or Logistics applications or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience working with relational, NoSQL, or in-memory data stores, ideally mySQL, Postgres, or Redis
- We use containers quite a bit. If you have used Docker or Kubernetes experience, that's going help
- The more you understand about cloud-native software engineering practices – AWS, Azure, GCP, or Digital Ocean - the better
· Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctorate in computer science or a related field, or relevant work experience
What You Will Get Out Of It
- A team of talented, passionate, stunning colleagues
- The opportunity to invent new solutions, transform existing ones, grow your career, and enhance your skill set
- Hands-on experience working at one of the fastest growing ecommerce portfolio companies on the planet
- An incredible office location in Barcelona
WORKING FOR MAGENTO
Working at Magento means becoming part of one of the fastest growing commerce solutions companies on the planet. In addition to outstanding benefits, cutting edge offices (yes we have free food and tons of perks), a career at Magento puts you on the forefront of the commerce industry and offers many opportunities for advancement. As a part of our family of products and services, you’ll also gain valuable exposure to a wealth of commerce knowledge, a global customer and employee base, and world-class resources. Magento employees embrace our Cornerstones and thrive in an environment that enables them to Be an Owner, Be Agile, Be the Community, Be Innovative and Be the Team.