The Barcelona Supercomputing Center - Centro Nacional de Supercomputación (BSC-CNS) is the leading supercomputing center in Spain. It houses MareNostrum, one of the most powerful supercomputers in Europe, and is a hosting member of the PRACE European distributed supercomputing infrastructure. The mission of BSC is to research, develop and manage information technologies in order to facilitate scientific progress. BSC combines HPC service provision and R&D into both computer and computational science (life, earth and engineering sciences) under one roof, and currently has over 460 staff from 44 countries.
Look at the BSC experience:
Context and Mission
Within the Computer Sciences Department, the main objective of the Programming Models group is to investigate programming paradigms towards productive programming and their implementation through intelligent runtime systems that effectively exploit performance out of the target architecture (from multicore and SMT processors to shared- and distributed-memory systems, small and large-scale cluster systems, including both homogenous and heterogenous systems that use accelerators like GPUs). At the moment we are looking for a software engineer.
- Work on development and tuning of runtime systems for specific hardware
- Assist on the production of scientific papers
- Attend project meetings and present/discuss the performed developments
- Assist users of the developed runtimes
- Diploma/Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related discipline (MSc preferred)
- Knowledge and Professional Experience
- Good knowledge of MPI – OmpSs/OpenMP will be valued
- Good knowledge of the C programming language
- Knowledge/experience in low-level networking will be highly valued
- Professional experience related to programming models and/or runtime systems will be valued
- Strong interest in working on development of runtime systems
- Interest in collaborating with reputed international researchers and developers
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to take initiatives, prioritize the tasks and work under set deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
The position will be located at BSC within the Computer Sciences Department. The contract will be temporary.
All applications must include:
- A motivation letter
- A full CV including contact details
Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment
BSC-CNS is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or any other basis protected by applicable state or local law.
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!