Curelator is a digital health company focused on developing a clinical grade disease management platform for patients and clinicians. The company is base in Cambridge MA with operations in the US as well as Barcelona, Spain, UK and Germany.
Our product is a clinically validated patient-centric, digital platform that combines big data and proprietary small data (n=1) analytics to measure the impact of a wide spectrum of factors and medications on individuals with chronic diseases who have debilitating episodic attacks.
Curelator Headache, our first application is being used in clinical studies with multiple institutions, which have generated several groundbreaking findings that have advanced the clinical management of migraine. Curelator collects patient reported data remotely and provide individual analysis to headache clinics.
We are looking for full-time contractor backend applications developer (Python / Flask), intermediate or senior level, to further architect, build and maintain the API and backend services underpinning its mobile health tracking and data analysis apps.
As a backend software engineer, you will:
- Implement new features and maintain our Python 2.7 codebase.
- Participate in the code reviews.
- Participate to the testing and release to production.
- Participate in the elaboration of new features and products.
- Help with the transition to Python 3.
This is an exciting opportunity to grow well implemented Python backend and REST API, built accordingly to software development best practices. We are strong believers in using the right tool for the right job and we hire people who like challenges and keeping up with new technologies.
You will work closely with our CEO, Clinical VP, Product Manager, Designers and other developers (web, mobile and backend). You will also get the chance to collaborate closely with our data scientists. We have smart and fun team of effective and communicative people spread between Boston, Barcelona and the UK. We are looking for someone based in Barcelona, who can work part-time remote and part time from our office, with strong communication skills generally and especially in English.
Requirements and Skills
- Python, SQLAlchemy, Flask or Django experience, having shipped one or more backend systems and APIs, running in a mission-critical production environment.
- Demonstrable work in the Python ecosystem.
- Knowledge of REST and JSON API architectures and paradigms.
- Ability to design a consistent and efficient API and write good documentation.
- Amazing human, self-motivated and strong teamwork skills.
- Commitment to development best practices, including TDD and continuous integration.
- Interest for data analysis / data science and knowledge of the R language is a plus.
- Knowledge of Linux / Debian system administration and packaging tools a plus.
- Knowledge of US HIPAA Security Rules or EU GDPR and its implementation a plus.
- BS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
Between USD 3500 and 4000 per month, depending on the experience, plus an equity sharing plan.