What is Taxfix?
Taxfix is a well-funded tech startup in the heart of Berlin. It is our mission to make tax declarations easy!
We believe that everybody, regardless of their income, deserves to get the maximum out of their tax returns. This is why we want to provide everyone with a personalized tax accountant at their fingertips. Today, Taxfix allows you to file taxes in 25 minutes, no tax knowledge required, no stress, and no forms. Our App offers a chat-like interface to guide you through the process and gives you the maximum return.
Our team has a proven record of creating products that help people improve their lives. We share a passion for product development and creating an outstanding user experience. We are a small international team of smart, passionate and hardworking people who value non-bureaucratic processes and open communication.
Read about our financial background here.
- Be part of a multidisciplinary product team working with the latest technologies.
- Be responsible for developing scalable micro-services that support our Apps and our core Tax expert system.
- Be an important player in the integration of different APIs of the electronic tax filling systems of different countries.
- Build and maintain scalable micro-services using NodeJS and TypeScript.
- Apply innovative AI technologies to build intelligent software that can continuously assist users in collecting tax relevant information, enabling a fully-automated and optimized tax return at the end of the year.
- Be involved in important product decisions and work closely with the whole team to deliver top-notch Apps.
Our team is looking for someone who is pragmatic, applies the best software engineering principles to build simple abstractions for complex problems, and who enjoys working in an agile environment.
- Passion for crafting high quality and elegant code.
- Previous experience building maintainable and scalable systems based on reliable and fault-tolerant services.
- Good understanding of distributed system and requirements for high availability.
- Experience in taking ownership.
- Great communication skills in English.
Nice to haves
- Full-stack development; most of the solutions we build often require backend, mobile, and web components.
- Knowledge of any Government electronic tax system.
- Familiarity with DevOps principles (knowledge of Docker desirable).
- Contributions to open source projects.
- You will be a substantial factor for the company success
- You will redefine the way people handle their taxes and revolutionize a huge industry
- A competitive salary and stock options
- Flexible working hours and a great office location in Madrid
- Mac / Apple hardware
- Regular company events
- A strong support for your personal growth and development
Here at Taxfix we not only accept diversity - we drive it and celebrate it! We are proud to commit to equal employment opportunities no matter your gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, colour, disability or place of origin. Let's make the future bright together!
If you feel excited about the idea of being part of Taxfix, we are looking forward to receiving your application.