People deserve more from their money. More visibility, more control, more freedom. And since 2015, Revolut has been on a mission to deliver just that. With an arsenal of awesome products that span spending, saving, travel, transfers, investing, exchanging and more, our super app has helped 35+ million customers get more from their money. And we're not done yet.
As we continue our lightning-fast growth, two things are essential to continuing our success: our people and our culture. We've been officially certified as a Great Place to Work™ in recognition of our outstanding employee experience! So far, we have 6,000+ people working around the world, from our great offices or remotely, on our mission. And we're looking for more. We want brilliant people that love building great products, love redefining success, and love turning the complexity of a chaotic world into the simplicity of a beautiful solution.
About the role
Our Technology team isn’t just one of the best in the industry, it’s one of the best in the world. And we’re proud of it. It’s our driving force; our engine 🚀 From building a new banking backend to creating an award-winning app, there’s nothing (and we mean nothing) our tech team can’t do. Our Technology team isn’t here to fix legacy systems – it’s here to build world-class financial products from the ground up. Products that will be used by millions of people around the world (35+ million people, not that we’re counting) 🌎
We’re looking for a Senior Backend Engineer for Revolut Business. We aim to provide a business bank of the 21st century for freelancers, small and mid-size companies across the globe. A bank you can carry on with you in your pocket, but one which doesn’t limit you to use account and money management capabilities only in your app. Our goal is to give customers an “all business things money” type of experience - the ability to automate financial and people ops operations using our APIs and provide products for expenses and invoice management, payrolls, investments, and more.
We have a minimalist approach to using external frameworks, with emphasis on maintainability and fast turnaround with TDD, DDD and Continuous Integration & Delivery. Sound like your speed? Let’s chat 👇
Our technology stack:
- Java 17
- JOOQ and TDD approach
What you’ll be doing
- Engineering ownership of one of the domains, like onboarding, risk management, fraud detection, payments processing, cards, APIs platform, etc.
- Fostering collaboration with various stakeholders
- Implementing new features and contributing to the development of our global business banking app
- Mentoring junior engineers, providing guidance and direction on best practices and technical decisions
- Designing, documenting, and implementing solutions, using Domain-Driven Design, CQRS/ES, and event-driven architecture patterns on a global scale
What you'll need
- Fluency with Java
- 5+ years experience in back-end development
- A bachelor's degree (or above) in computer science, maths, physics, or a similar area of study
- A proven track record of contributing to processes improvements, as well as mentoring and training team members
- An ambitious and results-driven personality
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Working experience with Domain-Driven Design principles, practices, and patterns
- Working experience with scalable distributed systems
- Knowledge of different architectural patterns
- Knowledge of DevOps principles and practices
- Fluency in English
Nice to have
- Experience within Finance or Payment Systems
- Experience within a start-up or scale-up
- Experience using frameworks-less systems
- Experience with modularisation of large systems
- Product engineering experience, working on engineering strategy, tools, and practices for product engineering
Building a global financial super app isn’t enough. Our Revoluters are a priority, and that’s why in 2021 we launched our inaugural D&I Framework, designed to help us thrive and grow everyday. We're not just doing this because it's the right thing to do. We’re doing it because we know that seeking out diverse talent and creating an inclusive workplace is the way to create exceptional, innovative products and services for our customers. That’s why we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences to join this multicultural, hard-working team.
Refer to our Data Privacy Statement for Candidates for details on our data handling practices during your application.