People deserve more from their money. More visibility, more control, more freedom. And since 2015, Revolut has been on a mission to deliver just that. With an arsenal of awesome products that span spending, saving, travel, transfers, investing, exchanging and more, our super app has helped 35+ million customers get more from their money. And we're not done yet.
As we continue our lightning-fast growth, two things are essential to continuing our success: our people and our culture. We've been officially certified as a Great Place to Work™ in recognition of our outstanding employee experience! So far, we have 6,000+ people working around the world, from our great offices or remotely, on our mission. And we're looking for more. We want brilliant people that love building great products, love redefining success, and love turning the complexity of a chaotic world into the simplicity of a beautiful solution.
About the role
Our Technology team isn’t just one of the best in the industry, it’s one of the best in the world. And we’re proud of it. It’s our driving force; our engine 🚀 From building a new banking backend to creating an award-winning app, there’s nothing (and we mean nothing) our tech team can’t do. Our Technology team isn’t here to fix legacy systems – it’s here to build world-class financial products from the ground up. Products that will be used by millions of people around the world 🌎
We’re looking for a Backend Engineer who wants to change the world. If you like to work at a steady pace with no surprises, keep scrolling. If you want your work to change the global financial landscape, you might just be who we’re looking for. We have a minimalist approach to using external frameworks, with emphasis on maintainability and fast turnaround with TDD, DDD and Continuous Integration & Delivery.
Our technology stack:
- Java 17
- JOOQ and TDD approach
Sound like your speed? Let’s chat 👇
What you’ll be doing
- Building mobile APIs
- Developing micro services to evolve our architecture
- Perfecting a number of systems that our business depends on, like risk management, fraud detection, and payment processing
- Focusing on greenfield development and improvement of existing systems
What you'll need
- Fluency with Java
- 6+ years of experience in back-end development
- A Bachelor's Degree (or above) in Computer Science, Maths, Physics, or similar
- To be a quick learner with an ambitious attitude and results-driven personality
- The ability to work well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Fluency in English
Nice to have
- Experience with Kotlin
- Experience within Finance
- Experience in a start-up or scale-up
- Experience in a product-focused environment
Building a global financial super app isn’t enough. Our Revoluters are a priority, and that’s why in 2021 we launched our inaugural D&I Framework, designed to help us thrive and grow everyday. We're not just doing this because it's the right thing to do. We’re doing it because we know that seeking out diverse talent and creating an inclusive workplace is the way to create exceptional, innovative products and services for our customers. That’s why we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences to join this multicultural, hard-working team.
Refer to our Data Privacy Statement for Candidates for details on our data handling practices during your application.