At Tymit our mission is to reinvent the credit card to make it honest, safe, and more transparent to achieve more peace of mind when managing your finances. To prove this to our users, we have built an elegant and intuitive app linked to a credit card designed to achieve better financial well-being and control like never before.
A credit card from a tech company, not a Bank. Fintech credit makes up only a tiny fraction of overall credit. Still, it is growing rapidly, and Tymit will be at the forefront of the digital disruption in the credit card world.
Based in the UK, Spain, and Greece, our talented and growing team is committed to creating a diverse and fun work environment putting the user at the centre of every decision we make. At Tymit, we have a mantra. Customers are first because that's what drives us and our growth, and we'll continue catering to them that way.
We are small, but we think big. 🦄🦄 Do you want to join us?
We are looking for a Software Engineer who places the customer at the centre of everything, specifically looking at our service's quality and security. In the big picture, you'll play a pivotal role in shaping the credit card of the future while influencing the Tymit's product offering, our product's future direction, and the team.
You will be involved in leveraging new applications and taking a pivotal role during design reviews sessions. Your goal will be to develop a high-quality and optimised query language engine aligned with user needs and business goals. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic about taking on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
During your time at Tymit you will
- Participate in development life cycle activities like design, coding, testing and production release. Deliver high-quality code in an agile team environment.
- Troubleshoot critical production issues and provide technical insights.
- Always put the customer up-front and partner with product management to lead technical requirements gathering discussions with customers.
- Raise the bar for technical standards, performance, reliability, team results and operational excellence.
- Effectively communicate and build collaboration in all areas and levels of the business and engineering.
- Following Tymit’s technology strategy, champion new technologies and enforce the best development patterns and practices and promote these to the wider Team.
- Following Tymit’s risk appetite, contribute to assessing, exploring and controlling all types of risks as well as adopting mitigation actions.
- Understand and adhere to all Tymit’s policies and procedures and adopt the responsibilities required when working for a regulated entity.
Key technologies we use at Tymit
Java, Groovy, Grails, Quarkus, NodeJS, React, Python, Swift, Kotlin, RabbitMQ, Postgres, AWS, ELK, Docker, Docker Swarm, Terraform, Ansible, and Jenkins.
We are always open to adopting new tools to solve complex problems, so we’re ready to discuss options with anyone with the right experience.
What you will bring along
- You have experience designing and building world-class software. Bonus points for experience in a rapidly growing tech start-up.
- You have extensive experience with cloud providers (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP), containerization (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes) and modern architecture patterns (e.g. microservices, reactive architectures, event-driven architectures).
- You have experience designing scalable RESTful Web Services and Reactive Microservices.
- You have prior experience as a tech lead who has mentored, led small teams in building product features at scale.
- You are comfortable building processes, culture and organisations to help deliver and support large scale production systems.
- You have the ability to think holistically and also maintain focus on small intricate details is essential for the high-impact role you will play at Tymit.
- You are a great achiever who has a strong orientation for results beyond just great ideas.
- You have entrepreneurial DNA with the desire to solve problems whilst wanting to inspire and share your knowledge and passion for FinTech.
Compensation & Perks
💰 The salary range of this role is 35,000 – 45,000€ per annum, depending on experience.
📈 Stock options.
🏝 25 days of paid holiday plus bank holidays.
🥳 Your birthday off.
🏡 Tymit is working fully remote, and all employees can remain working from home if they want, travelling to our Madrid Office when required.
🌇 If your preference is working from our office and working onsite with other Tymiteers, we have you covered with our office in the centre of Madrid.
⏰ Flexible working hours.
🤓 Additional days to attend conferences and workshops related to technology and/or events related to Tymit’s industry and sector.
What you can expect from our hiring process
45/60 min. video call with Cynthia, part of Tymit’s People team. Understand your career plan and what motivates you about Tymit.
30 min. video-call with one of our Backend Engineers (Carlos, Cristian or Jorge). Brief technical discussion to understand more about the role and your skills.
90 min. video-call with two of our Backend Engineers (Carlos, Cristian, Fran or Jorge). Technical discussion around a task to better understand your skills and give you a sneak peek of what it could be working at Tymit.
60 min. video-call with two people from our Engineering team (Angela, Fran H., Jesus, Luciano or Toni). Introduction to your future team to get a sense of Tymit’s culture.
60 min. video-call with Nico, CTO and Co-Founder of Tymit. Understand the business future and help you to envision yourself at Tymit.
🏁– Offer 📧
If you have any disability, please let us know whether there are any adjustments we can make for our process to be more inclusive.
To meet our regulatory obligations as a licensed financial services company in the UK, Tymit needs to take background checks, Criminal and Credit checks, our new hires to help us safeguard our users.
If you have any concerns regarding this process, please discuss this with our People Team.
Tymit is made up of people from various backgrounds, and you are welcome for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. So, bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background.
We do not make hiring or employment decisions based on race, religion, age, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, pregnancy status, or any other difference. If you have any disability, please let us know whether there are any adjustments we can make for our process to be more inclusive.