Payconiq is a mobile payment company which is currently growing a strong presence in the BENELUX region with a rich roadmap to conquer Europe.
We are on the lookout for a Software Engineer (Java) who loves delivering quality software, thrives in an agile development team, and needs to bring real value to our customers. We expect you to have at least 6 years of experience and ideally experience with design and architecture.
We’re a 95 person fintech scaleup with 45 nationalities who works together on a daily basis to transform the world of payments. In fact, it is our mission to become the most wanted mobile payment connection in all of Europe.
We stand for making bold decisions to enhance user experience, being human as that is the real core of our business, doing things simply as life is already complicated enough, keeping it playful, and always staying honest.
You may wonder what it’s like to work at Payconiq. Let us tell you:
- Ever evolving; we’re always raising the bar higher than it was yesterday
- Approachable, kind, smart people all over the office
- Open to new ideas and cutting-edge tech, and of course, Hackathons
- We love training and you get to choose how you will spend your 5% training budget; which is in addition to your salary
- Agile methodologies
- Cross functional teams; product owners, scrum masters, and QA's on every team
- Spotify model; squads, chapters, guilds, and leads galore
So what does life at Payconiq look like for a Software Engineer?
You will use the latest technologies like Java, Spring Frameworks and NoSQL.
You have a very good understanding of Microservices, REST APIs and event sourcing, and a fairly decent understanding of CI/CD, AWS, Kubernetes and Docker.
You write modular, scalable and reusable code, and you are sure your code is of high quality because you love TDD & BDD.
Know better tools? Bring them on!
Sounds like a nice place to work? We think so too. If you like what you’ve read and believe yourself to be a positive-minded person who works well in a team, feel free to apply and let’s get the conversation started.
What the process will look like from here:
- Video call with HR
- Technical assignment
- Technical interview with one of our Java Chapter Leads
- 2nd Technical interview
- 3rd Technical interview
- Final interview with the Head of IT
- Hopefully an offer, visa processing if necessary, and just like that you are part of a new community of humans who share a common goal
Not sold just yet? Here’s the fun stuff:
- Free fruit, tostis, coffee and tea
- Macbook pro + tools to do your job well
- Pool, Nintendo Switch, nerf gun battles, table tennis, foosball and pick-up football games
- We socialise outside of work so come hangout with us; hopefully you like karaoke ;)
- Friday drinks and snacks
- Public events in the office like MeetUps; you can be a host
- Regular company events throughout the year
- Check out our culture video and our summer boat event to get to know us a bit
Looking forward to hearing from you!