Goodlord exists to make renting simple and transparent for everyone. Our small, self-organising squads build the platforms and tools to help us achieve this mission. We're disrupting an industry, so there's plenty of thorny, real-world problems to solve on behalf of the agents, landlords and tenants that use our system.
If you want to develop new skills, there'll be plenty of opportunities: many of our current team joined as back-end or front-end developers, and are now working across the full stack. We are keen advocates of agile delivery; we work closely with our stakeholders and use Kanban to iterate quickly on customer feedback.
Goodlord is for you if:
* You want to work in an environment where your input is valued and you can make a real impact
* You’re a pragmatic craftsman who strives to find the right balance between quality and delivery
* You have a passion for solving end user problems, big or small
* You understand the challenges and rewards that come with working in a startup environment and look forward to taking them on
What you'll be up to:
* Work with cross functional teams to understand and solve end user problems
* Address issues with the application that prevent users from achieving their goals
* Identify bottlenecks in the development process and suggest/implement improvements
* Continuously improve the code base to make it easier to understand and more fun to work with
* Perform self defined tasks geared towards your personal and professional development
What we need from you:
* Demonstrable commercial experience in web application development
* Willingness to learn new technologies and engineering practices
* Experience working in an agile team with a delivery focus and a keen eye on what the customer needs.
* Any experience with the following would be a bonus: Typescript, React, HTML, CSS, Functional Programming, Test automation, AWS, DevOps. We're also happy for you to learn these on the job.
What’s our tech:
The application comprises a PHP (5.6) app that communicates with a number of internal (Scala) and third party services via HTTP. Parts of the UI are written in Typescript with React. The app and all services are deployed in Docker containers running in a Kubernetes cluster on AWS.
We use Github for version control and Concourse CI for building, testing and deploying code to the staging and production environments. All data is persisted in a MYSQL (AWS Aurora) database.
Bringing our whole selves to work is really important to us here at Goodlord - if there's anything you need to participate fully in the interview process we'd like to hear about that too, please just include it in your application or email email@example.com.