FilledThis offer is not available anymore
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
Join us and help creatively solve real scalability issues for our customers. The Red Hat 3scale Engineering team is looking for a Software Engineer to join us in Barcelona, Spain or remotely from other locations. In this role, you will solve interesting problems with elegant, efficient, and well-tested code with a focus on the API gateway and traffic management area of the Red Hat 3scale API Management Platform (AMP), including rate limiting, authorization, API gateway, and more. You'll develop and maintain features that ensure our API management system is highly available, low latency, efficient, and meets the demands of our customers while serving hundreds of millions of requests per day.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Investigate new technologies and architectures to apply to traffic management of APIs for the Red Hat 3scale API Management Platform (AMP) solution for both on-premises and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) deployments
- Develop new features using agile development methods; work closely with the rest of the Engineering team, including operations associates and other developers, and product managers using continuous delivery (CD) to introduce them into our Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solution as soon as they are ready
- Contribute to large, community-driven open source projects for Red Hat along with other technology-leading companies
- Fix customer issues, working with support teams to reproduce them, confirm fixes, and roll out to customers
- Peer-review code from other engineers, always trying to improve the quality of our code base
- Work with the rest of the team to define and prioritize next issues to work on
- Computer science degree with 1-3 year of experience in software development developing performant, tested, reliable, mission-critical quality code for production applications
- Experience with developing solutions involving HTTP, REST, web technologies, proxies, authentication, and security
- Commercial experience working as part of a team, using analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of Git in a multi-developer team workflow with feature branches, pull-requests, and use of continuous integration (CI)
- Good communication skills, sense of accountability, and willingness to learn and teach
- Experience in Ruby or Lua and their ecosystems, or the desire to quickly learn them
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
About Red Hat
Red Hat company page is empty
Add a description and pictures to attract more candidates and boost your employer branding.