There is an opening for a Software Development Team Lead to be based in Madrid. If you like to learn new things, live for tech, and want to be a part of a global, industry-leading, Agile organization, then come and see if we can build something better together!
What You’ll Do
- Development of microservices-based products across a set of well-defined bounded context
- Accountable for the consistent execution of architecture design patterns across the products under direct responsibility
- Responsible for the end-to-end delivery of functional and technology roadmap of products under direct supervision
- Sponsor of initiatives that leveraging automation allow increasing productivity and reduction of waste for software development organization.
- Drive projects from concept through requirements capture to implementation , validation and go to market.
- Supporter of agile methodologies , being capable to increase Squads´ velocity and quality.
- Help recruiting new talent to support solera´s growth plans
- Nurture team dynamics and motivate the individuals to perform beyond expectations.
- Provide technical guidance , coaching and leadership to software development organizations
- Contribute to the Software Development Guild by enriching software developments best practices
What You’ll Bring
- Degree level (preferably Computer Science)
- At least 1-2 years leading software development teams (desirable)
- 5+ years of experience in the development of Java based applications (Java 8/11, Spring Frameworks, Spring Boot, Junit, Web Services)
- Working knowledge of Oracle , SQL Server and PostgreSQL
- Solid experience in Agile-software development methodologies
- Mastering RESTful principles and experience in API-First design
- Ability to work with distributed teams and availability to travel when required
- Experience with Microservices and API Management
- Microsoft Visual Studio Development tools
- Microsoft Database technologies (SQL, SSRS, SSIS)
- Proficient with TDD/BDD, SQL/NoSQL databases and AMQP
Nice to have:
- Experience with Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Experience with Big Data technologies such as NoSQL, Hadoop, Kafka, Spark…
- Knowledge of DDD
- Experience building large-scale distributed systems following event sourcing and CQRS patterns.
It is impossible to list every requirement for, or responsibility of, any position. Similarly, we cannot identify all the skills a position may require since job responsibilities and the Company’s needs may change over time. Therefore, the above job description is not comprehensive or exhaustive. The Company reserves the right to adjust, add to or eliminate any aspect of the above description. The Company also retains the right to require all employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities when necessary to meet business needs.