Solera is a global leader in data and software services that strives to transform every touchpoint of the vehicle lifecycle into a connected digital experience. In addition, we provide products and services to protect life’s other most important assets: our homes and digital identities. Today, Solera processes over 300 million digital transactions annually for approximately 235,000 partners and customers in more than 90 countries. Our 6,500 team members foster an uncommon, innovative culture and are dedicated to successfully bringing the future to bear today through cognitive answers, insights, algorithms and automation. For more information, please visit solera.com.
We are looking for an experienced Software Development Manager who can act as a strong leader and provide guidance to multiple squads of Software Development Engineers. Our Manager will have a passion for building complex web and enterprise applications. As the leader of the squads, you will be creating clear objectives and deliverables with an emphasis on scalability, maintainability, security, and performance. Solera needs a leader that can ensure high-quality applications and on-time delivery of software that supports our growing business. Our innovative leader will work in an Agile environment that mentors and fosters team collaboration.
What You’ll Do
- Lead multiple software development squads toward the best technical solution for functionalities required within the product.
- Define expectations and develop metrics to monitor results.
- Troubleshoot and resolve the team’s technical impediments.
- Provide leadership, direction, and guidance to the team.
- Coach, train and provide regular feedback to the team.
- Coordinate with other Dev Managers and the Architecture Team when defining new designs and solutions.
- Suggest initiatives to improve current processes and technologies.
- Analyze system specifications and translate system requirements to manageable & measurable tasks
- Identify and correct code smells, eliminate bugs and fix technical bottlenecks
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and architecture
- Perform code reviews to improve team code writing
- Coordinate with Engineering leadership, Product Management, Agile and Design Teams
- Coordinate team deployments and setup/maintain CICD pipelines
What You’ll Bring
- 8 years of experience in hands on Software Development life cycle: Coding, peer reviewing attending production issues.
- Minimum 3 years of Management/Technical Lead experience.
- .Net Core and Java, REST, SOAP, Performance tuning of Applications.
- Prior work experience in and understanding of Agile.
- Strong knowledge on CI/CD tools and workflows.
- Domain-Driven Design and Micro-service architectures.
- SQL Server, NoSQL, ang/or Oracle Databases.
- API design
- Strong knowledge in Business-Driven Design and Test Driven Development.
- HTTP, AMQP, MQTT and other modern protocols.
- Developing middleware applications using a variety of modern technologies with relational, non-relational data bases and cloud hosted applications.
- Performance engineering and educating teams on non-functional requirements to achieve web-scale
- Middleware and Security experience, fixing vulnerabilities.
- A strong background in the SaaS space preferred.
- Kubernetes is a plus.
It is impossible to list every requirement for, or responsibility of, any position. Similarly, we cannot identify all the skills a position may require since job responsibilities and the Company’s needs may change over time. Therefore, the above job description is not comprehensive or exhaustive. The Company reserves the right to adjust, add to or eliminate any aspect of the above description. The Company also retains the right to require all employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities when necessary to meet business needs.