Internet Economy tech leaders, web development enthusiasts and product passionate engineers. If you enjoy a hybrid role of remaining technically hands on, making an impact and seeing quick results, while motivating and developing people, we’d love to hear from you!
“In this internet based economy every Software Engineer
is a polyglot by necessity. We’re required to switch technologies
efficiently, relying on our fundamental engineering skill-set to
progress. That’s not to say we should all be generalists, specialists
are also needed, but the core and fundamental skills of a specialist can
be applied in many technologies.”
– Skyscanner Senior Architect & Tribe Lead
As a Software Development Manager at Skyscanner, you’ll be technically leading while managing and developing your team of engineers as you join them in building world class products for our users. We’re looking for software and product enthusiasts who have proven expertise in leading, managing and developing engineers towards reaching both their personal career goals as well as the ever scaling objectives of Skyscanner.
We are the word’s travel search engine and we’re doing great new things as we engineer at scale. Our technical managers are responsible for leading their teams in the design and development of systems that keep our travel search solutions ahead of the pack. As well as engineers, you will work closely with architects, product and project managers, providing technical leadership to define the roadmap and deliver new features to the market. On top of all of that, you’ll have a hands on role in the planning, execution and successful delivery of state of the art solutions. You’ll mentor our technical staff and be actively involved in recruiting our future engineering talent.
You can offer us:
A background in software development, proven technical leadership, a track record of inspiring your teammates with your passion and vision, a self-motivated working style, a flexible approach and communication skills in spades.
We can offer you:
An excellent career move, the chance to work with and lead a team of ultra smart developers and a great working culture of collaboration and technical excellence. The freedom and autonomy of your own technical choices and what’s more you’ll have the space to be trusted to do what you do best and the opportunity to make a real difference.
What do you need to apply?
- We’re looking for technical managers across varying levels of experience but we’re particularly interested in your proven abilities and flair for technically leading and developing people while collaborating and inputting technically as an engineer in your own right
- As a minimum, a Computer Science degree or similar is required; ideally experience in a web economy or other fast paced tech environment; proficiency in object-oriented programming, automated testing, front and back end web development, distributed systems and database technologies
- - ‘Skyscanner University’ offers a range of courses for tech and business topics.
- - At Skyscanner there’s no clocking in and there’s no bell at the end of the day, they prefer to give you the freedom and autonomy to do your job, add value and own your work.
- - Better than average annual leave in all office locations.
- - There’s enhanced maternity and paternity leave and a flexible working policy to encourage and enable a healthy work-life balance.
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!