Amazon will be hosting a hiring event to take place in September in one of our development centers in Europe.
We are hiring for several tech teams in Dublin, Madrid, Amsterdam and Luxembourg . Please apply if you are interested in any of the locations.
Please note that travel expenses will be covered if we invite you to interview with us. Amazon will also provide immigration and relocation assistance to our hires (remote work is not an option).
Software Development Engineer
We seek talented engineers who take great pride in both the technical and business contribution of their work. You will be given the chance to have a significant impact on our systems, our business and most importantly, our customers. As a member of our team, you will work closely with the business to design and implement new features.
You will contribute to all aspects of an agile software development life cycle including design, architecture, development, documentation, testing and operations. You will push your design an architecture limits by owning all aspects of solutions end-to-end, through full stack software development. You have strong verbal and written communication skills, are self-driven, and can deliver high quality results in a fast-paced environment.
Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation? Do you want to apply state-of-the-art computer science to solve real world problems? Do you have a curious mind that applies concepts like machine learning, pattern matching and mathematical modelling to solve complex online business scenarios? Do you want to pave the future of Amazon Retail, enhancing how we do business as a key player in global e-commerce?
· Work with your team to define and understand service functional and technical requirements
· Develop detailed architecture and design for components and services
· Code, test, and deploy services
· Participate in and lead code & design reviews
· Build and test services for operational load, build monitoring systems and automate manual operations work
· Work with peers in other Amazon Retail teams to build and scale services
· A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
· Outstanding problem-solving abilities and a clear commitment to making Amazon a great place to work
· A deep understanding to object-oriented design and programming
· Proficient in building software applications in Java and/or C++
· Ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
· Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others and strong analytical thinking skills
· Entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to have fun!
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS· A Masters in Computer Science or a related technical discipline is preferred.
. Experience in an object oriented language such as Java, Ruby, C++ is a plus!
· Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between. · Experience with SQL, service oriented architectures, and internet security fundamentals. Previous experience with retail systems – ordering, placement, etc. - is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.