Software Development Engineer II in Barcelona
Travelport is a place of opportunity. It’s our incredible team that makes our company great – our people drive our winning culture.
Travelport is a worldwide travel retail platform. Our next-generation marketplace connects buyers and sellers that share our passion for delivering exceptional travel experiences. Unconflicted and independent, we are reinventing a simpler future for travel’s complex ecosystem.
What does a great Java Software Development Engineer II do?
This position resides in the hospitality group within Travelport, responsible for content acquisition, enrichment and distribution for our car and hotel solutions. We are now looking for a Sofware Development Engineer to join our team in developing the next generation of travel technology. This individual wil join a dynamic group who is looking for someone who loves to code, will bring new ideas and help drive us in our migration to the cloud.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to identify end-user requirements and specifications.
- Produce efficient, secure and elegant code based on requirements.
- Conduct code reviews for accuracy and functionality.
- Test, profile and deploy programs and applications.
- Troubleshoot, debug, maintain and improve existing software.
- Identify ways to improve quality, velocity, processes, and teamwork.
What we look for/who would prosper in this role?
Essential Experience and Capabilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of software development experience with a successful record of developing and deploying quality and secure software products.
- 3+ years of Java development including Spring and open source software
- Experience with Relational (MySQL, Amazon Aurora, DB2) and/or NoSQL (Couchbase, MongoDB, Cosmo DB, Redis) Databases.
- Understanding of general application architecture constructs like high-availability, scalability, security, and low-latency.
- Understanding of (EIP) enterprise design patterns and UML Modeling techniques.
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies and environment.
- Web Services Development (Microservices, RESTful web services, XML JSON).
- Practiced DevOps implementation
- Familiarity with standard CI / CD strategies & technologies (e.g. Jenkins, GitHub Actions, Sonarqube, Fortify NexusIQ).
- Experience working with containers (docker, Kubernetes and Open Shift deployments)
- Automation, Telemetry
- Experience with Cloud Native Architecture (AWS, Open Shift, Kubernetes, and Azure).
- Knowledge of testing methodologies and tools for APIs (TDD, BDD, Junit, Cucumber, SoapUI, Postman, etc.).
- Experience with UNIX/LINUX server operating systems.
- Confident working with Git (e.g. Bitbucket, Github), branching strategies, pull requests.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (English)
As we evolve and grow as a business, so will you.
You will thrive within an inclusive and diverse workplace where you are encouraged to think differently, and have the courage, confidence & ambition to challenge what’s been done before, and be bold to win!
Interested? We’d love for you to get in touch!
We are an equal opportunities employer and will consider all qualified applicants purely on their skills and abilities. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation, if needed.
1,000 - 5,000