Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
You will be part of the Network Engineering Global Team. Formed by more than twenty professionals, distributed around the globe, and with a variety of backgrounds and expertise in networking solutions. We face complex issues and needs, where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors, including technology dependencies, inter-organizational impact and systems thinking approaches.
Our team is responsible for designing and implementing connectivity solutions for the whole Roche group. We enable the transmission of data between sites, the telephony systems and the video conference facilities that are used every day by our employees and partners around the world. Roche being a global company, it is crucial to have excellent network and communication systems enabling our corporate applications to be available anytime, from everywhere with great quality, reliability and resilience resulting in a world-class user experience.
- Working with multiple teams in the organization to design and implement tools that help automate end-to-end processes that involve connectivity infrastructure.
- Develop and maintain software to solve complex network management and monitoring tasks, including:
- Deploying and auditing the configuration of network devices.
- Monitoring network health, including metrics collection, visualization, and alerting.
- Tracking network utilization over time to assist capacity planning models.
- Thoroughly write proper tests and documentation for all tools.
- Accountable and responsible for following DevOps principles and delivering solutions as code while applying IaC methodologies.
- Collaborate in the creation of a bridge between engineering and operations by applying a software engineering mindset to system and network administration topics.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by proposing changes that improve reliability and performance.
- Look for continuous improvement activities in technical, teamwork, collaboration and processes areas. Propose and contribute to continuous improvement activities.
- Act as an analyst by transforming consumer needs into specific requirements to be implemented in components managed by the team or by other teams.
- Remain proactive and aware of engineering and operational challenges and opportunities, and work with support team staff to resolve escalations and major incidents.
- Ensure implemented solutions and components comply with Quality/Regulatory standards, as applicable.
- Be an infrastructure automation evangelist providing mentoring and support to team members on automation and software development practices.
Who you are
We are looking for a driven software developer who has a keen interest in designing and supporting network infrastructure and is experienced with automating day to day activities. You should envision a future where network designs are delivered as code and the operation of the network infrastructure is fully automated.
- 5+ years of experience developing software with a focus on backend development. Proficiency in software development, automation and orchestration tools.
- In-depth experience with Python and Ansible.
- Working knowledge of SCM & CI/CD pipelines using tools such as Git and Jenkins.
- Infrastructure configuration management tools and scripting.
- Experience with databases (MySQL, MongoDB or PostgreSQL).
- Experience with RESTful APIs
- Fluent with complex structured data formats (e.g. JSON, YAML or XML) and have the ability to represent network data in various formats based on use cases.
- Experience building/working with containers (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Highly proficient with Unix/Linux.
- Continuous improvement mindset and a team player.
- Excellent communication skills and a demonstrated ability to interact at all levels of the organization and the ability to present complex ideas in a convincing and understandable manner.
- Fast-learner, passionate about continually adapting your skills and knowledge, agile and IT savvy.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and intercultural awareness.
- Fluent in English.
Desirable & Bonus skills
- Aware of network tasks and proactively make recommendations where network automation can make a direct impact on the team and throughout the network teams.
- Experience/Knowledge with network device APIs – NETCONF, REST APIs, Arista eAPI, Cisco NX-API.
- Experience with SSH libraries such as Paramiko for native SSH communication to “legacy” devices.
- Experience in Lean IT and Agile methodologies (Scrum).
- Experience in multinational work environments (e.g. healthcare industry or regulated companies experience).
For more than 40 years. Roche Diabetes Care is pioneering innovative diabetes technologies and services. Being a global leader in integrated diabetes management, more than 5,000 employees in over 100 markets worldwide aim every day to help people with diabetes and those at risk to experience true relief from the daily therapy routines. We are dedicated to advancing how care is being provided and to achieve this, we collaborate with caregivers healthcare providers and payers worldwide to drive optimal management of this complex condition and contribute to building sustainable care structures.
Personalized diabetes management
At Roche Diabetes Care we believe that a collaborative, integrated and personalized approach is needed to determine the optimal therapy for each person with diabetes or at risk of developing the disease. It is equally important for us to spark lifestyle changes, encourage motivation and determine opportunities that will enable patients to reach the individual health goals by spending more time in range.
Under the brand Accu-Chek and in collaboration with partners. Roche Diabetes Care creates value by providing integrated solutions to monitor glucose levels, deliver insulin and track as well as contextualize relevant data points to contribute to a successful therapy. By establishing an open ecosystem, connecting devices and digital solutions, Roche Diabetes Care will help to enable personalized diabetes management which will thus help improve therapy outcomes.
By driving digital health in an open ecosystem and offering integrated diabetes management solutions and services, we are aiming to shape the way diabetes care is being provided now and in the future.