Geomni, a Verisk business, specializes in software and technologies related to aerial imagery - providing the world’s most comprehensive and cutting-edge imagery data acquisition, processing, analytics, and distribution.
Using the latest remote sensing and machine learning technologies, Geomni gathers, stores, processes, and delivers geographic and spatially referenced information used by many markets, including insurance, commercial property, energy, banking, architecture, engineering, emergency response, urban planning. Property professionals can use the data to help determine scope of damage, discover hazards, assess risk, perform valuations, and much more. Our property analytics database supports a number of critical tools that protect people, property, and financial assets. To learn more about Geomni, please visit us at: Geomni.net. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fourth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
As a multi-platform developer, you will have a strong web development or computer science background. You will work closely with a cross-functional team of front-end developers, cloud developers, QA analysts, Project Managers and designers to build cutting-edge applications to manage spatial information. Your ability to focus on details and passion for precision & accuracy will be instrumental to your success. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills will make you effective in your role.
In addition, you will:
- Work on a team of developers to accomplish collective goals every sprint
- Provide feedback to team members to increase effectiveness of processes
- Build products by improving performance of our code and handling scaling issues to accommodate user growth
- Create new products and features to match business needs.
- Aid in definition and implementation of specifications for new applications and features
- Maintain current products while keeping technical debt to a minimum
What You Need to be Successful (Minimum Qualifications)
- 3+ years experience as front-end developer
- Ability to create simple and well-designed solutions to complex software problems
- Quick learner that thrives in a team environment
- Fluent in frameworks like AngularJS, Vue or React
- Knowledge of CI / CD pipelines and package dependency managers
- Client-side automatic testing is also desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Well organized with meticulous attention to detail – Getting it right is our top priority
What Will Make You Stand Out (Preferred Qualifications)
- Experience/Knowledge of Single Page Applications (SPA), mobile-first development, automation testing and push notifications (WebSockets) is strongly recommended.
- Experience/Knowledge of web maps (GoogleMaps, OpenStreetMaps, Leaflet, Mapbox, etc.), geospatial data industry and 3D graphics is highly desirable but not a requirement.
- Ability to work with the backend developers to define the best protocols to achieve an excellent user experience.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.