WANTED: A developer to join our extreme programming team. Someone who wants to do more than just code, we want a dreamer, a creator, someone who likes to discuss ideas and enjoys working with others to design and create great features and products. Someone who understands that “what you build” is just as important as “how you build it”. This will be a chance to get involved in all aspects of product development, discussing product design, architecture as well as testing and coding, whilst working on market leading solutions in the programmatic video advertising space. You must be happy talking with non-technical people, discussing ideas, doing pair programming and be keen to develop your skills in all areas of product development.
In this role you’ll work with a highly experienced software development team, and will work with a wide range of advanced web and cloud technologies. You’ll develop your skills whilst applying them to real world problems. We welcome people who are new to their career and looking to grow.
We are currently looking for hire Developers at mid level and senior level.
Reports to: Team Lead, Product Development
Location: East London
Employment Type: Permanent
Working Hours: Monday to Friday, 09:30 – 18:00
Salary: Highly Competitive
Benefits: Private health cover, iPhone or Android phone, Cycle to Work scheme, childcare vouchers, season ticket loan, laptop allowance, conference attendance allowance. There are monthly company social events, weekly deliveries of fruit, film nights and an annual Unruly Festival.
About the Role: Key Relationships
- Development team
- Customers (people across the business and end users)
About the Role
Your mission will be to:
- Work alongside Product Development team members and other Unruly teams to develop cutting edge products in the Social Video space using a combination of lean and agile development practices.
- Extend and maintain our platforms, pairing with other developers
- Be part of full team design, discovery and reflection
- Collaborate with our product experts (and others) to help decide what we should deliver next
You must have:
- Some knowledge of object-oriented or functional programming
- Some understanding of object-oriented design
- Understanding of internet and web technologies such as HTTP
- Some experience working in a software development team (possibly during study)
You must be:
- An excellent communicator with good attention to detail, able to communicate effectively both in person and in writing
- A rapid learner, able to pick up new concepts quickly and apply them in a practical way
- Able to approach systematically diagnosing unfamiliar technical issues
- Committed to high standards in your work
You must be:
- Sociable – happy to do pair programming
- Flexible – able to adapt and align work to changing requirements and priorities
- Passionate – interested in the latest web technologies and trends
- Confident – able to clearly express your ideas in discussions
- Curious – willing and able to questions that help you learn and develop
- Change oriented – willing and able to be part of an environment that is geared towards continuous improvement
The Wow Factor
We’d (optionally) love it if you have:
- Modern web deployment tools – e.g. babel, webpack, gulp, grunt
- Experience with the practices of Extreme Programming
- Passion for learning on a wide front – we want people who bring new perspectives to the technical organisation, either from their background or from what they are learning day-to-day
should be passionate about helping the business gain value from the
team’s products, and willing to ensure that the systems are operating
correctly. This will involve participating in an on-call rota to
investigate and resolve critical issues affecting your team’s software
when they (rarely) occur out-of-hours.
We operate using a Lean approach to new software development, with frequent releases and a focus on getting minimal viable products into market as early as possible to gather incremental feedback – this forms the core of our process.
an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with CV attached, your name, and
“Software Developer – Java” in the subject line. Please specify your
availability to commence the role and don’t forget to tell us where you
heard about the role! All applicants are required to be authorised to
work in the UK.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
We love reviewing all the applications we receive, but unfortunately we’re not able to get back to everyone individually. If we’d like to move forward with your application we’ll definitely be in touch!