The Technology team is responsible for building complex, high-scale, real-time systems, working closely with other parts of the business to support the marketing and advertising activities for our popular games. We are looking for a final year student with some practical experience, and the drive and enthusiasm to succeed in a demanding and professional team environment.
Your role within our Kingdom
Essentially you will:
- Design, architect, test and implement features in our core services - In-game promotion, Customer Support, Push notifications etc
- Help build valuable tools to support the game development process
- Deliver high quality and well-structured code
- Share knowledge and help colleagues
Skills to create thrills
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and are a strong team player, able to work in a fast paced, demanding yet fun professional environment.
- You are pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent
- You have development experience using Java and/or TypeScript
- You are able to work in a dynamic, demanding yet fun professional environment
- Some practical experience, maybe a year in industry, or setting up your own small software business
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people that share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. No matter where you’re from, it’s all about what we can achieve together when creating truly magical moments for all our players. That’s why we hire all sorts of talent - because a great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
About the Barcelona Studio
Our Barcelona studios are home to our hit games Bubble Witch 2 Saga, Diamond Digger Saga and Pyramid Solitaire Saga. It is also where you find our Global Services Centre. Based in Les Corts, we enjoy amazing views over lunches on the roof terraces. The royal palace, Barcelona FC and fancy district of Pedralbes are all within walking distance too. Perfect while enjoying some churros!
This full-time paid internship is due to start in June 2018 (flexibility for an earlier start), apply now! Your application must be in English.
Please include your obtained/predicted grades on your CV.
London, United Kingdom
We have developed more than 200 fun titles, and offer games in over 200 countries and regions. Our franchises include Candy Crush, Farm Heroes, Pet Rescue and Bubble Witch. We have 340 million average monthly unique users, as of second quarter 2015, across web, social and mobile platforms.
At King, we design games with a broad appeal, which allow people to play for a moment, then move on with their day and pick up their game later. Our games are also synchronized across platforms, allowing players to switch seamlessly between devices and platforms and continue their game wherever they left off, so they can play anywhere, any time and on any device. For us, this is encapsulated in the idea of bitesized entertainment.
King has game studios in Stockholm, Bucharest, Malmö, London, Barcelona, Berlin, Singapore, and Seattle, along with offices in San Francisco, Malta, Seoul, Tokyo and Shanghai.