Software Developer, from World to Amsterdam (Relocation to Amsterdam) in Barcelona
Reaktor is a strategy, design, and engineering company based in Amsterdam, New York City, Helsinki, and Tokyo. We are looking for software developers to join our team in Amsterdam – wherever you might be living now.
The Amsterdam office was founded by expats, and the team here in the Netherlands is currently boasting 12 nationalities. From day one, our growth philosophy has been to hire any and all Reaktorians out there. In order to do just that, we decided to publish our internal relocation guide and see who it resonates with – read it here and get back to us.
We’re looking to hire software developers, with several projects under their belt, to work in our teams in Amsterdam. You will be building world-class services with some of the most well-known brands in the world, the likes of adidas, AFKLM, HBO, Supercell, and Finnair. You’ll get to work on meaningful projects and be a part of a unique community of passionate professionals. We’re all about setting you up to succeed.
We avoid unnecessary hierarchy and focus on fully autonomic teams that accomplish their own goals and make their own decisions. Here’s Josh from our New York office talking about the daily grind, and Miku to explaining why autonomy makes for good business.
What we expect from you:
- A ton of skill and wisdom in working with tech that you consider useful. In no particular order, here are some things many of us like: functional programming, Node.js, Clojure, React, Swift, SQL, NoSQL, general bleeding edge stuff.
- Ability to read and speak English fluently and idiomatically.
- Appreciation for agile and lean principles that actually work, and solving really hard problems with clean code.
- Willingness to be responsible for your work, development and career path.
What we’re offering to you:
- A nice relocation package, as well as all the help and advice you need in moving over.
- You get to choose your tools, methods and how you work to best fit the project at hand. We will give you as much responsibility as you can handle, and all the resources and support you need.
- When we hire you, we trust you. That means you call the shots when it comes to selecting your gear, tech, and ways of working.
- Onboarding in the Great White North (Finland). You might also have the opportunity to work somewhere else as well. If that’s what you’d like to do, anyway.
Introduce yourself with the form below, or by dropping us a note at email@example.com. Tell us your story, hit us up with things like open source projects or your GitHub/GitLab/Bitbucket repository, share whatever you think we’d find interesting. Adam here explains what you can expect from us when we get back to you.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
With 💖, your team all the way in Amsterdam