Satellogic is the first vertically integrated geospatial analytics company, driving real outcomes for its customers with planetary-scale insights they can trust.
Satellogic's low-Earth-orbit satellite constellation, platform, and data science teams work together to deliver end-to-end solutions at the right cost. The company makes sense of the data so customers can focus on the big decisions at hand.
Our satellite engineers, AI experts, and solution specialists are on a mission to deliver a fundamentally better picture of our planet and the many forces that reshape it every day. We bring space down to earth for large enterprises and governments of all sizes who need to see for themselves how our world is changing.
Satellogic. Now you see.
About the team
The Digital Image Processing and Quality team is responsible for fully automated delivery of L1 level products from L0 satellite images. The team deploys different processing pipelines into production, using the algorithm suite we develop, accounting for satellite maneuver specificities and requested product types. Our mission is to provide high quality georeferenced and radiometrically accurate L1 level images, that enable our internal and external customers to extract high levels of insights and information.
The team includes software developers, GIS and computer vision specialists and radiometric engineers. The team is always learning and trying to push the limits, relying in part on the large diversity of people’s profiles and backgrounds. The team includes people from Argentina, Brazil, France, Israel, Spain, Uruguay and the US.
About the job
As a Software Developer of satellite image processing library suite, you will ensure code quality and performance and develop a suite of standalone libraries that will be used by our image processing pipelines and by others throughout the company. As part of your responsibility you will need to:
- Analyze, adapt and optimize software code. You will collaborate with team members to reach fully tested production level code.
- Develop and maintain a suite of isolated libraries, ranging from image georeferencing, to computer vision and map projection, to image acquisition system corrections and image quality assessment.
- Support suite usage by the team and throughout the company. You will prepare tutorials, and ensure code documentation is clear and up to date.
You will be working with multidisciplinary teams with the mission to deliver a fundamentally better picture of our planet and the many influences that reshape it everyday.
You have experience in software development, and library creation and maintenance. You have already applied your skills to image processing problems or related scientific applications. You have strong problem analysis and solving skills and have proven Python coding skills.
- Degree in Physics, Computer Science, Remote Sensing or similar field of study or equivalent work experience.
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience in software development.
- Experienced in application of scientific algorithms (ideally for satellite image processing).
- Proficient in Python development and good coding practices.
- Purpose driven and results oriented.
- Capacity to learn continuously and passion for pushing the limits.
- Fluent in English.
- Good communication skills, open minded and teamwork player.
Satellogic values diversity and inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer. We are actively committed to hiring, developing and promoting top talent from around the world for any given discipline. We pride ourselves in building an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work. In order to apply, send us your updated CV and a cover letter (both are required).