XING is the social network for business professionals with millions of members all over the world.
Help us shape the future – for a better working life!
We currently have an opening in Barcelona or Madrid for a Software Developer - Data Scientist.
At XING Spain we are responsible for the development of all of XING's E-Recruitment offerings, including our flagship recruitment product the XING Talent Manager. These define the social recruiting market in the German speaking area with high relevance and transparency for the jobseeker. The combination of E-Recruiting and Social Networking is an exciting emerging market. Our focus is on building smart solutions in the spirit of user-centric relevant information, fuelled by company reviews and ratings from our subsidiary Kununu.
A challenging task· Perform complex and intelligent analysis of XING’s data to identify new service and product opportunities
· Implement services dealing with massive amounts of data and a high number of concurrent users
· Solve challenging problems related to search, recommender systems and other data-driven products using state-of-the-art technologies
· Work on services and products that will be used by millions of users on a daily basis
A convincing background· MSc or PhD in Statistics, Math, Computer Science, or similar discipline
· Strong theoretical and practical knowledge about statistics, data mining, machine learning and scalable algorithms; excellent hands-on skills in exploring large datasets
· At least 1 year of industrial experience as a Data Scientist or a similar position in the field of data mining or at least one paper in one of the top tier conferences (WSDM, SIGKDD, ICDM, SIGIR, WWW, SIGMOD, VLDB or ICDE)
· Programming skills in Scala and experience in Hadoop (including Hive, Pig or Mahout) and statistical programming environments (in particular R)
An inspiring environment
- The chance to work on a large, highly distributed platform with over 14 million users
- A variety of technologies and languages: Perl, Ruby on Rails, Java, Scala, Elasticsearch, REST, AMQP, Linux, Hadoop, Riak, MongoDB, MySQL, Solr, iOS, Android, Backbone.js, jQuery, Git, Jenkins…
- An innovation week every two months where you can unleash your creativity and ideas
- Training and conferences
- A sunny office located in the centre of Barcelona, with a large terrace
- A multicultural environment with employees from all over the world
- Subsidised restaurant tickets, free fruit, drinks, snacks and much more
- Company pension plan
- Spanish and German lessons
- A mobile device as well for private use (iPhone, iPad, Android…)
- Competitive salary
We contribute into open source (https://github.com/xing) and let the world know what we are doing (https://medium.com/xing-engineering) and organize public user groups and coding events.
If this profile matches your expertise, experience and aspirations, we’d be delighted to receive your full application, including salary requirements and possible starting date.