BRING IT ON!
Last week our members collectively spent over 9000 hours hitting the gym, joining early morning bootcamps and swimming till they were dizzy. Not to mention, seriously heating up during hot yoga or getting a little too fanatic during a game of squash. This is all via our online platform that allows users to quickly and easily search, plan and check-in at one of our 400+ connected locations.
This is a great start, but our goal is to enable all fitness freaks in big European cities, to enjoy the best OneFit experience possible.
That is why we need you to help us scale the platform in a technically, innovative and secure way; while aiming for speedy and adaptive development at the same time!
As the technical architect, you are responsible for defining the overall structure of the system and the quality assurance. You will lead all IT assignments that are aimed at improving the business from a technical point of view. Because you’ll be working from start to finish on each project, it’s essential to understand all aspects of each system from a business and a technical perspective. This means having full working knowledge of technologies such as PHP, SQL Server and knowledge of one or more mobile programming languages. To be a great technical leader you:
- Take the initiative to work with the development team (two back-end, two mobile devs, one UX designer) to come up with a technical roadmap that facilitates OneFit’s dreams
- Work closely with the Development Manager (Mathijs) and the founders (Camille & Serge)
- Make sure the team executes against this roadmap and on time!
- Coding (duh!), while planning and discussion is important, coding is what you enjoy and where you make valuable contributions to the team as well
What we look for in you:
- You will help your team with crafting state-of-the-art API’s that need to communicate with iOS/Android and mobile first
- You are the technical leader (experience as a team lead is a big plus!)
- 5+ years of experience in programming great performing websites in PHP(7), RESTful API, Laravel5
- MySQL commands and flow are your cup of tea
- Strong communication skills in English (Dutch is a nice to have)
- If you are experienced with Elasticsearch, we would be more than happy to brainstorm and implement that in our platform. We currently use Varnish for performance and load balancing.
- ***You lead a healthy lifestyle, just like us***
Our offer to you:
- A really nice salary that pays the bills, and then some...
- A role in an exciting company and plenty of freedom in our day-to-day work. Yes it will be challenging but you can always take a break to workout
- Lots of opportunity if you have a visionary nature. We are growing our service to the rest of Europe
- And of course you get a complimentary OneFit membership. This is the best way to experience the product in order to continue building it.
- Continuouslearning. Let us know what you need and together we will see if we do it.