We are looking for a Software Architect to join our Sevilla team building Solera’s key products for our international market. The Architect will support development teams in designing and developing software products, ensuring adherence to Solera’s Architecture Manifesto. They should have no problem rolling up their sleeves to aid the teams to deliver, meeting with clients help gather requirements or diving deep into data modelling with business analysts.
What You’ll Do
- Aid Development Leads with solution architecture for products and projects
- Identify, design and develop technical assets and components to be used across software development squads
- Work closely with DevOps to align the enterprise architecture with a continuous delivery / deployment SDLC
- Support Development Leads and Product Owners to define and execute technology roadmaps for their products
- Provide guidance and training to development squads, transferring skills and knowledge to team members
- Promote the adoption of standard enterprise architecture and technology stacks across the organization, eliminating technology risks and unsupported technologies.
- Define or provide input into data policies such as retention, security, resilience, and migration
- Research, prototype and evangelize new technologies and solutions and communicate them verbally and via written document
- Participate in the definition of the enterprise architecture strategy and roadmap based on API First, Domain Driven Design and Cloud native applications
What You’ll Bring
- Professional proficiency in English
- 7+ years in software development background
- 3+ years as a software architect or similar role, creating end-to-end solutions covering all applications layers, data stores and infrastructure
- Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field
- Expert level proficiency in: Java, Spring, Git, Maven
- Expertise building large scale applications using Domain Driven Design, Microservices, API First and Event Driven architecture patterns
- Previous experience in containers and cloud native design and development (Cloud Foundry, AWS, Azure or Heroku platforms desirable).
- Expertise using relational and non-relational databases, such as Oracle, Postgres or MongoDB
- Knowledge of application security, authentication & authorization using patterns such as OAuth and OpenID Connect
- Knowledge of DevOps and Continuous Delivery/Deployment methodologies, implemented using tools such as Helm, Jenkins, Bamboo or Shippable
- Knowledge of Consumer Driven, TDD, BDD and Automated Testing Practices to cover the Testing Pyramid
Expert level proficiency in one or more of the following:
- Java Platform, J2EE, Spring Boot, Maven, JUnit, etc.
- .NET Platform - .Net Core, Rest Apis, MVC, XUnit/NUnit, etc.
It’s A Bonus If You Have
- Familiar with Kubernetes orchestration and deploying to Cloud Platforms such as Azure, AWS, or GCP
- Experience with Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Kafka, Spark, NoSQL, Hive, and others
- Familiarity with Frontend development building responsive UIs using JS Frameworks such as React
- .NET Core platform experience
- Experience with Agile Methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, ...)
- Familiarity with messaging components (RabbitMQ and/or Kafka desirable)
Demonstrated ability to:
- Ability to clearly communicate technical designs and objectives to large groups of people in person and via tele-presence
- Systems thinking - the ability to see how parts interact with the whole (Systems thinking big picture thinking)
- Lead other and work effectively as part of a team
- Interpersonal and leadership skills - servant leadership, collaboration, facilitation, and negotiation skills
- Strong data modelling skills
It is impossible to list every requirement for, or responsibility of, any position. Similarly, we cannot identify all the skills a position may require since job responsibilities and the Company’s needs may change over time. Therefore, the above job description is not comprehensive or exhaustive. The Company reserves the right to adjust, add to or eliminate any aspect of the above description. The Company also retains the right to require all employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities when necessary to meet business needs.