We are looking for an individual to lead internal research on Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) ratings for private companies and national governments. The scope of the research can cover methodological questions related to the construction of composite scores as well as the development of models to forecast or understand relationships between variables.
The ESG researcher should possess exceptional analytical skills and thrive in an entrepreneurial setting, leading research workstreams, thinking critically and maximizing scientific rigor in his work. The ideal candidate should love having different types of problems thrown at him, be able to quickly digest and understand the key issues and the main objectives, and provide advice and guidance on how best to proceed.
The ESG researcher will be responsible for ensuring that the ratings shared with our clients are statistically and methodologically sound and for continuously advancing our rating methodology. The ESG Researcher’s role will include, but not be limited to, the following activities:
- Assess trade-offs between different methodological options to calculate composite scores and propose most appropriate solution for our ratings.
- Explore statistical properties of datasets and identify relevant insights for rating construction and/or interpretation.
- Develop econometric models to create insights that support the development of the ESG ratings.
- Write code for calculating ESG ratings.
- Conduct robustness and sensitivity tests for ESG ratings.
- Identify and propose continuous improvements and refinements to the rating methodology.
- Prepare and present reports and papers on these topics.
- Deeply passionate about social impact.
- Advanced degree in economics, econometrics, finance, statistics, math, or other applied quantitative field. PhD is desirable but candidates with a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree will be considered if they have a strong record of success doing similar work.
- Relevant work experience, including designing and conducting quantitative research and analyzing data. Experience in the financial services sector will be a plus.
- Outstanding quantitative and critical thinking skills.
- Significant experience with Python or R. Experience with other programming languages a plus.
- Self-starter who will thrive in a start-up setting by taking ownership and initiative.
- Decisive and action oriented who can get things done, make rapid decisions even when short of information, and has a high level of energy and stamina.
- Complete fluency in English (minimum C1 level- proficient user)
- Intellectual curiosity and sense of humor.
WHAT WE OFFER
People is one of Clarity’s
main assets. We have built an unique team and we all share 3
differential aspects: Excellence, Passion and Values.
- The team comprises professionals from leading consulting and banking firms, MBA graduates from top business schools, entrepreneurs and researchers and PhDs.
- Clarity’s Founder and CEO, Rebeca Minguela, is a successful entrepreneur who has been recognized as one of the most distinguished leader under the age of 40 by prestigious institutions like the World Economic Forum.
We are different. We work hard to become the best place to work.
- Fact based: Promoting objective, fact-based and solution oriented discussions.
- Diverse: Encouraging diversities of personalities, cultures and experiences.
- Transparent: Communicating feedback transparently, constructively and in real-time.
- Meritocratic: Striving for excellence and rewarding the best.
- Flexible: Working flexibly in the broadest sense (schedule, location, vacation, styles).
We care about our employees. We think that every effort has to be rewarded and want them to feel comfortable with us.
- Salary proposals are between 10% and 15% above benchmark gross compensation.
- Benefits: We offer a large benefits package for the team, considering their needs and interests.
- Stock/ Phantom: We want our employees to really feel part of Clarity. That’s why we give them the opportunity to participate in it with phantom stock options.
We are a US company with a Spanish subsidiary. We have an amazing office in Madrid and in the short term we will open a new office in New York.
Our investors believe in us and share our goals. We are a leading startup thanks to public and private funding.
Clarity has received several awards:
- Young Global Leader to Rebeca Minguela 2017.
- Top 10 Fintech startup worldwide by BBVA Open Talent.
- Top 2 start-ups with impact worldwide by IMPACT Growth 2017.
- One of the most innovative Spanish companies by NeoTec.
- One of the most innovative projects in the US. Harvard Innovation Lab.