FilledThis offer is not available anymore
Eventbrite's business continues to grow and scale rapidly, powering millions of events. Event creators and event goers need new tools and technologies that empower them to have the most meaningful live experiences. As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will be part of a team that ensures that the Eventbrite platform runs efficiently, securely, and at scale.
We're a people-focused Engineering organization: the people on our team value working together in small teams to solve significant problems, supporting an active culture of mentorship and inclusion, and pushing themselves to learn new things daily. Pair programming, weekly demos, tech talks, and quarterly hackathons are at the core of how we’ve built our team and product. We believe in engaging with the community, regularly hosting free events with some of the top technical speakers, and actively contributing to open source software (check out Britecharts as an example!). Our technology spans the web, mobile, API, big data, machine learning, search, physical point of sale, and scanning systems.
- Learn about technologies like Kubernetes and Nomad and leverage them within our platform
- Facilitate post-mortem discussions with product teams to help guide learning and development from failure
- Work with engineers and product owners to deploy products that operate at production scale
- Help teams launch microservices and provide tooling and automation around the tedious and manual steps
- Design alerts and dashboards so that product teams know when to act on a problem in production
- Mentor new SREs and engineers on best practices of running and maintaining a production environment
- Participate in on-call rotations and train engineers to shadow and learn the art of debugging production
- Help transition legacy codebases and products to the SRE model
THE SKILL SET
- Experience with cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
- Fluent with a modern programming language
- Considerable experience with Linux systems administration (Ubuntu experience appreciated)
- Experience with supporting production SaaS and adhering to key metrics such as reliability and availability
- Configuration management experience (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt)
- Ability to analyze and resolve network behavior, performance and application issues, and the drive to teach others on the best practices
- Ability to participate in on-call duty with the team
- Ability to debug and optimize code and to automate tasks
- Previous experience as a software engineer with a passion for SRE
- Experience with Nginx / Varnish / Haproxy
- Familiarity with service discovery and orchestration systems such as Consul, Nomad, and Vault
- Active Eventbrite user with a passion for live events
Eventbrite is a global ticketing and event technology platform, powering millions of live experiences each year. We empower creators of events of all shapes and sizes – from music festivals, experiential yoga, political rallies to gaming competitions –– by providing them the tools and resources they need to seamlessly plan, promote, and produce live experiences around the world. Last year, the team served 795,000 creators hosting nearly 4 million experiences across 170 countries. Meet some of the Britelings that make it happen.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Eventbrite is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, and applications from all suitably qualified individuals are encouraged, regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Eventbrite company page is empty
Add a description and pictures to attract more candidates and boost your employer branding.