LiveIntent is a smarter way to market and advertise in email. The LiveIntent platform helps over 1100 top brands deliver marketing and advertising messages in logged-in media to over 140MM unique, engaged people each month, in emails sent by over 1300 top US publishers and brands to their loyal subscribers. LiveIntent was recognized in both 2014 and 2015 as the second fastest growing company in NYC (by Crain’s) and as one of America’s Most Promising Companies (Forbes 2015.) With the anonymized email address at the center of its platform, LiveIntent and its Identity Graph provides incremental reach to brands, in mobile inventory where brands are struggling to reach their customers beyond Facebook and Twitter. LiveIntent is now one of the largest people-based marketing platforms in the world reaching over 140MM logged-in people and also one of the first, having gone to market with the technology in 2010. LiveIntent is headquartered in NYC, with offices in Austin, Berlin, Chicago, Copenhagen, Detroit, LA, SF, and the UK, serving as home to 200 people and counting.
We love email and shout it from the rooftops. We’re passionate about educating our clients, partners and employees so that they learn to love email, too.
In October 2015 we founded the LiveIntent Innovation Center in Berlin, a European hub for our talented international technology team to drive the vision in our roadmap. With eyes on our future, the Berlin team works on valuable, cutting-edge projects and solves challenging data problems.
Why Berlin? It’s a magnet for the best and brightest technology minds in Europe, and has a strong and growing deep technology innovation scene. It’s also multicultural and multilingual, and it offers a high quality of life for all ages and incomes. Great living spaces are very affordable, restaurants and gym memberships are cheap, and public transportation is more convenient than having a car. Festivals, cultural events and concerts to suit every taste are ongoing, and the nightlife is equally diverse and spectacular. Even wildlife and outdoor activities are plentiful in the surrounding areas, and the Baltic Sea is a two hour drive away.
About the Job:
As a Site Reliability Engineer (m/f), you’ll work in an agile environment with talented, cross-functional teams to design, deploy and operate products that satisfy customer needs and drive company growth. Our technology stack runs on a Linux foundation and includes NodeJS, Ruby on Rails, Scala Play, Cassandra and PostgreSQL on AWS. You will help promote good system design and operations practices and gain valuable experience simultaneously. Furthermore you will be responsible for the providing a rock solid infrastructure setup while working closely with the developers.
The role will involve a mix of Linux system administration and security. Nominal IT duties may arise on an ad hoc basis.
Our Ideal Candidate has:
- A good computer science foundation with decent understanding of modern client/server architecture.
- At least two years’ experience designing and deploying distributed applications using AWS or other cloud services, and is knowledgeable in core AWS stack (EC2, VPC, S3, RDS, IAM, etc.).
- Linux administration experience (LAMP stack, package management, networking, cron, monitoring, etc.).
- Demonstrated curiosity about technology with a history of side projects that explore interesting concepts.
- A BS or MS in Computer Science or related field.
- Bonus: Experience with container services like docker.
- Bonus: Knowledge about deployment automation with chef, puppet or ansible
- Double Bonus: Knowledge of lambda architecture and its implementation details.
Our Ideal Candidate will:
- Improve and unify our current deployment strategies.
- Foster a secure and highly available production setup for our services.
- Work with software engineers to implement scalable, high volume production systems.
- Manage production, development, and test environments in our existing AWS infrastructure.
- Manage application deployment procedures once implemented.
- Create and manage new instances and systems as needed for our new products, projects, and teams.