At New Relic, we provide our customers with real-time insights, so they can innovate faster. Our software delivers insightful observability tools across different technologies and distributed systems, enabling software engineering teams to quickly identify, understand and tackle issues, analyze performance and get the most of their software and infrastructure.
We work with data at a scale found at few companies, using a diverse tech stack such as Cassandra, Elasticsearch, Kafka, Kubernetes, Docker, Ansible, Jenkins and many public cloud web services, and more. We are focused on driving the Cloud transformation!
As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer, you will work with a group of hardworking, encouraging, and friendly people who hold a desire to deliver phenomenal service, implement highly reliable systems, automate regularly, and grow as engineers. If you get a kick out of delighting customers and helping other people, you’ll enjoy this job. If you have an eye for solving enlightened problems with easy to use tools, have crafted solutions/processes and love a challenge, you’ll fit right in!
What You’ll Do
- Keep our services reliable, available and fast. This involves working close to our services and our infrastructure, in bare metal and in the cloud.
- Investigate and resolve critical performance, availability, and resiliency issues in a multi-region, multi-tenant distributed database
- Investigate incidents, drive retrospectives, and find creative solutions in collaboration with the teams.
- Build our infrastructure with code and automation, and lead our transition towards the public cloud.
- Behave as evangelist and mentor for most suitable practices among engineers inside and outside the team.
- Experience in writing software in OOP (Java/GO/Python/Ruby) and you are not afraid of adapting, learning and working with different languages and frameworks.
- Experience with large-scale, complex distributed systems.
- Passion about DevOps/SRE philosophies.
- API design and development exposure and solving problems in a scalable environment with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
- Experience with establishing Service Levels across teams and operating with them
- Experience with Public Cloud Providers (AWS/Azure/Google)
- Experience with Distributed Message Queues (Kafka/AWS SQS/Google DataFlow)
- Experience with containerized environments (Kubernetes/Docker)
- Experience with CI/CD build pipelines (Jenkins/Travis CI/Circle CI/GitHub)
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform/CloudFormation/Ansible)
- Linux system administration same as being active participation in open source development
- Excellent communication capability both verbally and in writing with an eagerness for growth and collaboration
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to create more perfect software. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
We believe in empowering all Relics to achieve professional, and business success through a workforce model called Flex First. The Flex First model allows us to work in a variety of workplaces that best support our success, including fully office-based, fully remote, or a combination of both.
Read more about Flex First and New Relic’s vaccine policy as part of our commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
New Relic currently has offices in Germany, Ireland, Spain, and the United Kingdom, and based on business needs may approve work in Belgium, France, Italy, The Netherlands, Switzerland, Sweden, UAE, and other locations throughout the region. Some of our opportunities are limited to specific hiring locations. Talk with your recruiter about your goals and how we can work with you in our Flex First approach!
This position is in our Barcelona office, which was established in October 2014 with our acquisition of Ducksboard, a privately held startup. We provide challenging work, opportunities to learn, high-quality teammates, a standard-setting product, and a company on the move. We offer:
- Competitive salary.
- Equity compensation plan.
- Performance reviews twice a year.
- Work-life balance and flexible schedule.
- Amazing and fun work environment.
- Private health insurance for you and your family, including dental coverage.
- Retirement fund and Life insurance.
- English and Spanish language classes.
- Office located in the center of Barcelona, very close to public transportation.
- Fresh fruits, snacks, and beverages.
- We support technical meetups, both local and international.
- We help with relocation.
We are passionate about data visualizations in real time, APIs, intuitive UX, and beautiful design. We have no dogma but do whatever makes sense to deliver state of the art products.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based observability platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.