Production Engineering is a newly formed team within the Telemetry Data Platform organization charged with end to end platform reliability and observability. The team will own commissioning and decommissioning cloud environments as well as other platform-wide activities! Collaboration across the Data Platform will be key, and as such Production Engineering will be composed of dedicated members and members in rotation from partner teams!
Our team is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer who will contribute to creating, scaling and decommissioning our cloud environments. This position will report directly to a Senior Director.
What You’ll Do
- Diagnose and solve problems in high throughput services and distributed systems including taking care of coordination, concurrency, and resource efficiency.
- Coordinate with Data Platform teams to create, scale, and decommission cloud environments
- Build platform-wide observability focused on informing capacity and revealing our true customer experience
- Extensive hands-on experience and proficiency in one or more of the following: Java, Go, Python, or Ruby
- Experience with Public Cloud Providers (AWS, Azure, Google) and Kubernetes (k8s)
- Exposure to CI/CD/DevOps, Terraform, Docker, and monitoring technologies and
- Ability to take initiative and scope work to deliver value iteratively, making meaningful design decisions, and driving work to completion
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing with a passion to mentor, lead, and guide others
- Experience with Kafka or other data pipeline technologies
- Strong testing abilities. Consideration of both automated testing and monitoring to improve team efficiency and reliability of production services
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This position is in our Barcelona office, which was established in October 2014 with our acquisition of Ducksboard, a privately held startup. We provide challenging work, opportunities to learn, high-quality teammates, a standard-setting product, and a company on the move. We offer:
- Competitive salary.
- Equity compensation plan.
- Performance reviews twice a year.
- Work-life balance and flexible schedule.
- Amazing and fun work environment.
- Private health insurance for you and your family, including dental coverage.
- Retirement fund and Life insurance.
- English and Spanish language classes.
- Office located in the center of Barcelona, very close to public transportation.
- We provide ergonomic furniture (chairs, desks) to keep you healthy and comfy.
- Fresh fruits, snacks, and beverages.
- We support technical meetups, both local and international.
- We help with relocation.
We are passionate about data visualizations in real time, APIs, intuitive UX, and beautiful design. We have no dogma but do whatever makes sense to deliver state of the art products.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.