At Payconiq, we have taken a future oriented approach to payments. It is our mission to become the most widely used payment connection in all of Europe. We pair action with knowledge and determination to reach our goal.
Payconiq is a place where people are encouraged to take a creative and individual approach to their challenges and to develop alongside our rapidly growing organisation. We know that our people are everything and we do our best to foster an environment where everyone can be successful in their position and feel proud of their contributions.
In order to strengthen the team based in Amsterdam, we are looking for an experienced, dynamic and forward thinking "Site Reliability Engineer". You will work closely with back and frontend teams to develop our cloud-driven infrastructure. The scope of "SRE" team is to build, monitor and operate the Payconiq platform, enabling Product / Feature Teams to deploy their components to production in a simple, yet secure and reliable way.
Key focus points for this position are
High availability/zero downtime
Focus on automation
Low maintenance infrastructure
Continuous integration/Continuous Deployment
Your day to day
- Work with cross-functional teams
- Manage and develop our micro-service driven platform
- Drive our journey towards a cloud driven landscape
- Ensure reliability by automation
- Resolve incidents and problems
- Pin-point bottlenecks and optimize performance
What we expect of you
- Apply agile architecture principles in all development phases
- Constantly improve the system technical capabilities and technology stack
- Structure development phases for implementing new initiatives
- Drive innovation with each newly implemented functionality
- Find and implement solutions for technical challenges, with the team
What you need to nail this job
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Software Engineering (or similar)
- 3+ years of experience as a DevOps engineer
- 1+ years of experience with Amazon Web Services – AWS
- 1+ years of experience with Docker
- 1+ years of experience with Ansible or Puppet as Configuration Management Tools
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins
- Always curious about new technologies
- Strong development skills, preferably Python
- Understanding and implementation of REST APIs
- Feel responsible and proud about the product that you are shipping
- Enthusiastic about IT operations and software development
- Able to work independently and in a team
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential
- Willingness to participate in on-call rotation during off-hours and weekends
Nice to haves
- AWS certifications
- Frontend language
- Knowledge of Kubernetes
At Payconiq, we like to indulge in the little things in life; long walks to the coffee machine, casual beers while gazing towards our breathtaking views of Amsterdam, MarioKart, air hockey, and nerf gun battles.
Hungry? Grab a tosti or some fresh fruit.
Need a tool to do your job? Simply ask and you will (likely) receive.
Want to learn something new? Use your professional development allowance.
Want to know more? Check out our culture video on our careers page!
Ready to change the future of payments? Apply today!