As a Senior UX Researcher at New Relic, you will partner closely with our Design, Product, and Engineering teams and across the company to promote the user experience. The discoveries you make will help drive the future of New Relic, and the support you provide will guarantee we have the most user-centered product on the market.
What You’ll Do
- Identify and prioritize high-impact UX research opportunities using your deep understanding of product design, technical requirements, and business objectives
- Scope research projects and develop clear, detailed research plans and proposals that outline the research goals, hypotheses, participant characteristics, and methods
- Choose appropriate methods to weave together qualitative and quantitative insights for data-informed understanding
- Adapt and innovate research practices to meet team needs under the tight timeframes of a rapidly growing company
- Lead research activities: Conduct fieldwork, synthesize and analyze data, and collect insights
- Communicate research insights to cross-functional teams and executives in creative ways to increase customer centricity
- Evangelize user research, human-centric thinking, and the voice of our customer as essential to improvement and innovation
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Social Science, Computer Science, Market Research, Data Science, HCI, or 3+ years experience conducting quantitative and qualitative research in applied research settings
- Knowledge in quantitative research methodologies (e.g., survey sampling and design, significance testing, regression modeling, experimental design, behavioral data analysis, causal inference with observable data)
- Experience with lean and guerilla research methods
- Experience collaborating cross-functionally, inspiring people with research
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills in English
- Experience with data visualization and coding in relevant data tools like R, SQL, Jupyter, and Python
- Experience with Qualtrics and Amplitude
- Experience with design methodologies like service design and design thinking
- Workshop facilitation experience
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This position is in our Barcelona office, which was established on October 2014 with our acquisition of Ducksboard, a privately held startup. We provide challenging work, opportunities to learn, high quality teammates, a standard-setting product, and a company on the move. We offer:
- Competitive salary.
- Equity compensation plan.
- Performance reviews twice a year.
- Work-life balance and flexible schedule.
- Amazing and fun work environment.
- Private health insurance for you and your family, including dental coverage.
- Retirement fund and Life insurance.
- English and Spanish language classes.
- Office located in the center of Barcelona, very close to public transportation.
- We provide ergonomic furniture (chairs, desks) to keep you healthy and comfy.
- Fresh fruits, snacks and beverages.
- We support technical meetups, both local and international.
- We help with relocation.
We are passionate about data visualizations in real time, APIs, intuitive UX and beautiful design. We have no dogma but do whatever makes sense to deliver state of the art products.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.