As a Senior UX Researcher at New Relic, you will partner closely with our Design, Product, and Engineering teams and across the company to promote the user experience. The discoveries you make will help drive the future of New Relic, and the support you provide will guarantee we have the most user-centered product on the market.
What You’ll Do
- Identify and prioritize high-impact UX research opportunities using your deep understanding of product design, technical requirements, and business objectives
- Scope research projects and develop clear, detailed research plans and proposals that outline the research goals, hypotheses, participant characteristics, and methods
- Choose appropriate methods to weave together qualitative and quantitative insights for data-informed understanding
- Adapt and innovate research practices to meet team needs under the tight timeframes of a rapidly growing company
- Lead research activities: Conduct fieldwork, synthesize and analyze data, and collect insights
- Communicate research insights to cross-functional teams and executives in creative ways to increase customer centricity
- Evangelize user research, human-centric thinking, and the voice of our customer as essential to improvement and innovation
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Social Science, Computer Science, Market Research, Data Science, HCI, or 3+ years experience conducting quantitative and qualitative research in applied research settings
- Knowledge in quantitative research methodologies (e.g., survey sampling and design, significance testing, regression modeling, experimental design, behavioral data analysis, causal inference with observable data)
- Experience with lean and guerilla research methods
- Experience collaborating cross-functionally, inspiring people with research
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills in English
- Experience with data visualization and coding in relevant data tools like R, SQL, Jupyter, and Python
- Experience with Qualtrics and Amplitude
- Experience with design methodologies like service design and design thinking
- Workshop facilitation experience
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to create more perfect software. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
This position is in our Barcelona office, which was established in October 2014 with our acquisition of Ducksboard, a privately held startup. We provide challenging work, opportunities to learn, high-quality teammates, a standard-setting product, and a company on the move. We offer:
- Competitive salary.
- Equity compensation plan.
- Performance reviews twice a year.
- Work-life balance and flexible schedule.
- Amazing and fun work environment.
- Private health insurance for you and your family, including dental coverage.
- Retirement fund and Life insurance.
- English and Spanish language classes.
- Office located in the center of Barcelona, very close to public transportation.
- We provide ergonomic furniture (chairs, desks) to keep you healthy and comfy.
- Fresh fruits, snacks, and beverages.
- We support technical meetups, both local and international.
- We help with relocation.
We are passionate about data visualizations in real time, APIs, intuitive UX, and beautiful design. We have no dogma but do whatever makes sense to deliver state of the art products.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based observability platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.