The Olympic Channel is a multi-platform global media destination where fans can discover, engage and share in the power of sport and the excitement of the Olympic Games all year round. Offering original programming, news, live sports events and highlights, the Olympic Channel provides additional exposure for sports and athletes 24 hours a day, 365 days a year in 12 languages.
The Olympic Channel was launched in August 2016 in support of the IOC’s goal, set out in Olympic Agenda 2020, of providing a new way to engage younger generations, fans and new audiences with the Olympic Movement. Founding Partners supporting the Olympic Channel are Worldwide TOP Partners Bridgestone, Toyota and Alibaba. The Olympic Channel is available worldwide at olympicchannel.com, its mobile apps and on Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Apple TV and the Roku platform.
The Olympic Channel is looking for an experienced UX Professional to join our team and have direct impact on how fans discover and interact with unique content from one of the world’s most respected sports brands. We are a multinational group with a range of skills from product development, communications, engineering and project management. We collaborate with colleagues in Editorial, Marketing, PR, Legal, Finance, Commercial, Data and Technical Delivery as well as external partners and brands.
This is a permanent role in Madrid, Spain. Some travel may be required.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Solve complex business and functional problems for fans on digital platforms.
Serve as the main point of contact for UX/UI work with internal teams and external vendors and partners.
- Utilize a fan-centric design approach, based on interviews, usability testing, competitive analysis, secondary market research and other requirements gathering activities.
- Work with internal and external teams to create personas, process flows, storyboards, wireframes, high-fidelity designs and prototypes.
- Inform the team of best-practice digital UI patterns and trends and effectively communicate design rationale throughout projects.
- Drive the design process, collaborate on team decisions, and keep projects moving to successful launch.
- Produce great fan experiences.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 8+ years of experience as a UX Interaction Designer with a portfolio that demonstrates efficiently connecting fans and content on multiple platforms.
- The ability to learn quickly and develop points of view in a constantly changing business space. You are an active listener, see value in other opinions and collaborate well.
- Conceptual thinking, creativity and execution in interactive and visual design.
- A track record of functioning as a leader as well as an individual contributor.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced work environment with firm deadlines.
- Proficiency with design software and skilled at creating intuitive wireframes and interfaces for multiple platforms.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Office language is English.
WORKPLACE & ENVIRONMENT
- Fast paced work environment;
- Subject to national/international criminal background checks;
About Olympic Channel Services