Are you a talented Senior UX designer with 5 years experience, and fluent spoken and written English looking for an exciting role where you can take your skills to the next level? Would you like to join a fast-growing international startup and shape the future of how products are designed, prototyped and manufactured? If this sounds interesting, then we'd love to hear from you.
A little bit about us
Wikifactory is where ideas get made. We're the world’s first social platform for collaborative product development which enables teams to design together, prototype faster, and manufacture smarter. Inspired by the workflows of agile and open source software development, we are building the tools to accelerate the development of physical products. Our platform offers a 3D CAD Viewer compatible with over 30 file formats, a documentation system and version control drive, and a feedback system. It is also a web publishing tool allowing the community to publish Stories (our version of a blog) and has social functionalities including likes, views, shares and forums.
Our community includes designers, engineers, makers, hardware startups, teachers, students and other product innovators. Covering industries, including robotics, drones, electric vehicles, 3d printers, biotech, agri-tech, smart furniture, and medical supplies for Covid-19, our community is spread across 190 countries and has published thousands of valuable physical products that solve real challenges, with just a laptop and an internet connection. By connecting all the different elements of the product development lifecycle in one seamless online system, we’re building the Internet of Production.
Wikifactory is headquartered in Denmark with people in Madrid, Shenzhen and London.
As Senior UX Designer, you will be working closely with the Head of Product at a strategic level to understand and frame what we need to build. You will be driving ongoing user research, designing low/medium fidelity interactive prototypes and testing these with design partners and customers, as well as collaborating with a UI Designer and UI Developer with the goal to create best in class product experiences. More specifically you will:
- Execute end-to-end detailed design deliverables as a series of experience maps, storyboards, wireframes, and interactive prototypes.
- Analyse how users interact with our products, and present data-driven solutions to increase conversions.
- Define and conduct user research to truly understand our customers and users’ goals and needs.
- Validate design and interactive prototypes with design partners.
What you bring
- 5+ years in UX or Interaction Design with heavy emphasis on both human-centred as well as data-driven design methods.
- An inspiring portfolio showing us how you have researched and crafted great experiences, seeing them through to released products.
- Expert with design tools (e.g. Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD) to produce wireframes and high-fidelity interactive prototypes.
- Ability to understand and distill complex problems into elegant, informed solutions.
- Experience working in an iterative and agile development environment.
- Experience designing community platforms and features.
- Experience working in Mechanical/Industrial/Electrical Engineering contexts.
- Experience designing applications for the Manufacturing sector.
Why Work at Wikifactory
- Join an exciting start-up with ambitious plans in a fast growing, multi-billion dollar industry
- Apply your experience in a disruptive technology area that is impacting every aspect of product development
- Gain unparalleled access to innovation communities in China and around the World