Rover.com connects pet parents with the world’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
Our global headquarters are in Seattle, Washington in the United States, working closely with our teams in Spokane, London, and Barcelona. We have a track record of being recognized as a great place to work, having been named among Seattle's 'Best Places to Work' in Seattle Business Magazine and the Puget Sound Business Journal for three years running. We're an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the world's most respected tech companies. Our pioneering approach to people and pups alike landed us on the list of GeekWire’s Next Tech Titan in 2019 and the World's Most Innovative Companies in 2018 by Fast Company. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
Who we are looking for:
We are on a mission to bring Rover to more pet lovers! Therefore, we are looking for a passionate Sr. UX Content Strategist in Barcelona or Seattle to further improve and contribute to the Rover product’s user experience. As the first UX Content Strategist at Rover, you will use your functional expertise to establish and lead UX content strategy and vision and advocate for a cohesive and high quality user experience. Your work will be highly cross-functional and collaborative, involving touch points across multiple platforms and departments across the full user journey.
You’ll own the success of various cross-company initiatives related to improving the UX through writing and content design. You will do this by designing solutions that are rooted in storytelling, UX research, UX writing, content design, brand voice and legal guidelines. You will serve as a subject matter expert on Rover practices and processes around localization, accessibility, inclusion, and privacy.
🙇♂️ The Role:
- Collaborate often with UX designers and user researchers as well as product, legal, marketing, engineering, and customer experience to ideate, test, and craft the ideal UX.
- Develop and execute against a vision for content strategy and user experience based on organizational goals, business rationale, and user needs.
- Utilize quant and qualitative data to achieve business goals and delight users with a simplified content experience.
- Drive improvements to the user experience through content audits, journey map gap analysis, and user testing.
- Define processes, best practices, and frameworks on how to deliver a high quality global content experience, in collaboration with our internationalization partners.
- Write UX copy for multiple platforms, including mobile, web, email, and collaborate with CX on support content and our localization team on international content.
🔎 What We Are Looking For In You:
- 7+ years of experience in UX Content Strategy, or similar fields, for a global consumer facing product.
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Technical Writing, User Experience (UX), Human Computer Interaction (HCI), a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience leading content strategy projects (e.g. timelines, prioritization, roadmapping, stakeholder management).
- Experience growing a UX content practice within a global company.
- Expert-level short form, micro-copy skills.
- Experience synthesizing information from different sources into a cohesive narrative.
- Empathetic storyteller, guided by user and industry insights, brand values, and UX principles that can also balance legal input and risks.
- Rover has its imprint (or paw-print) on the marketplace on a Global level so the ideal candidate will be proficient communicating both written and verbally in English.
💯 We Would Love It If You Also Had…
- Ability to write in more than one language
- Experience writing for a UX focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion
Benefits of Working At Rover:
- Competitive compensation
- 401k Match
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Pet benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog or cat
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs) and free catered lunches semi-monthly (currently on hold due to Covid19)
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more (currently performed virtually due to Covid19)
- Due to COVID-19, all new hires will be expected to work from Seattle/ Spokane/ Barcelona on a hybrid schedule (2-3 days a week) once Rover Employees return to office
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.