Senior UI/UX Game Designer in Barcelona
Ready for your next adventure?
We are Socialpoint, a world-renowned mobile games studio based in sunny Barcelona. Our games are positioned in the top rankings of both iOS and Android, and they are played and loved by millions of fans all over the world. We are proud members of the Take-Two Interactive and Zynga family, and we are on a mission to offer a great gaming experience and bring fun to everyone!
What will you do at Socialpoint?
- Take ownership of information organisation, prioritisation and navigation flow in the game you work on
- Abstract a design’s goal, KPIs, distilling the most important information the player needs to understand from it, to group and sequence it into simple flows
- Benchmark competition and extract key insights that apply to your game’s UX Research & Design to develop a full pre-prod feature until proposal
- Research and propose artistic styles for UI according to the project’s genre and audience to nail the best composition, colouring and rendering
- Produce prototypes for new features and flows and iterate on them fast based on collected feedback
- Be responsible for the UI implementation in-game and its asset management and optimisation
- Be ready to grow: we consider UI/UX part of the design team. While solid skills in UI implementation is the requirement for this position, we provide a growth environment so, in the long run, all UI/UX designers are able to design game features and develop UX Research.
What are we looking for?
- Solid & extensive experience working as UI/UX designer
- At least 2 full release cycles on mobile free-to-play games.
- Usability/accessibility knowledge and tests
- Run playtest and collect quantitative and qualitative data to support your key design decisions
- Proficient user of Unity, Photoshop and Figma is required; mastery of Adobe XD and/or After Effects or equivalent tools are strong bonuses
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
- Bonus: experienced leading UX Research & running A/B tests
What's in it for you as a Socialpointer?
- We have employed a hybrid working from home/office system. So, what does this mean? All we ask is that you live within commuting distance of our office in Barcelona so you are able to come into the office for important meetings/events.
- Relocation support to help you move to Barcelona (if you’re not already here).
- An impressive 25 days annual leave, not including public holidays.
- A very generous ticket-restaurant to restore some life-points.
- Private medical insurance for you and your family, to keep your health bar full.
- Choose from the latest IOS or Android device upon joining (phone or tablet).
- Free language lessons (English & Spanish ).
- Spotify Premium to add that special soundtrack that every adventure deserves.
- Legendary social events & parties to let off some steam.
- Players develop…Oops, sorry! People development is key for us: an amazing budget just for you to spend skilling up your abilities & knowledge to achieve real growth opportunities!
Coming to work in the office? Don’t worry - we have you covered. Check out some of our onsite benefits:
- Want to stay in shape? We have state of the art gym facilities so you can level up your build stats.
- A massive gaming room equipped with all consoles and games you could ask for.
- Book an appointment with our onsite physiotherapist for your aches and pains.
- Drop by our onsite hairdressers for a trim (and forget your wallet; it's a Guild perk).
The list just goes on & on... so get your game on & apply now! Please click “apply” to level up and submit your application in English.
Socialpoint is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You’re welcome on the team no matter where you’re from, who you like, what you look like, or if you prefer Xbox over Playstation. It’s a trick question – mobile wins every time! We hire based on your qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities. Our games are for everyone, and so is our workplace.