Hostaway is the fastest-growing global SaaS start-up in the vacation rentals industry. Our products provide the best and most cost-effective solutions for property managers and vacation rental owners. Our major partners include Airbnb, Booking.com, Expedia, and several other leaders in the industry.
As the leading property management and vacation rental platform, our mission is simple: To build a cutting-edge product by teaming up with exceptional thinkers and passionate go-getters. We strive to foster the best environment for your team members, to cultivate growth and inspiration and create an exceptional experience on our team.
Since launching in 2015, Hostaway has been rapidly expanding our teams in Toronto and Barcelona. As a fast-paced startup, our goal is to create a culture of self-starting individuals with a tenacity for learning and a sense of urgency born out of passion for growth.
Work with us. Grow with us. Win with us.
Our Barcelona Product team is looking for a Senior UI/UX Designer that will pioneer the design part of our Product team, by creating User Flows and redesigning major parts of our desktop/mobile app.
As our Lead Senior UI/UX Designer, you will be working closely with our Product & Engineering teams to create user flows and interfaces that are simple and easy to use. You have a strong UX background and have the ability to create experiences that not only feel good, but also look good. You can handle projects from A (concept) to Z (shipping and iteration) with little directions.
You have a mastery of fundamental visual and interactive design disciplines and principals and have an exceptional eye for pixel-perfect detail. We are looking for candidates who thrive in a fast-paced startup like environment. To be successful, you need to be highly motivated about new opportunities and detail oriented while showing highest standards of responsibilities and deliverables.
- Minimum 3-4 years experience in product/web design
- Experience with the following: User Interaction design, UX research and analysis, Visual design, fluency in best practices for interaction design, user-centric design process, as well as a strong knowledge of user experience principles and techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to redesign desktop and mobile applications
- (Bonus) Experience in the travel/vacation rental industry/ecommerce
- Thorough understanding of how to create prototypes and highly detailed wireframes for complex user flows in web applications
- You are a super-proactive and take ownership of your work
- Exceptional communication skills, especially between stakeholders
- You've worked in an Agile environment with POs/PMs and Engineers
Who we are:
- A global SaaS team with a culture that has Scandinavian values at heart, valuing openness, freedom, and success of the individual
- Super fast-paced team currently doubling & tripling our teams, seeking out the leaders of tomorrow
- A ‘family’ of creatives, big thinkers, and ambitious humans
- Diverse and open-minded. We don’t care much for labels nor traditional thinking
We want to offer you:
- A beautiful working space located in a fantastic space, in sunny Barcelona
- Team lunches, outings, fitness classes, and more
- Endless growth and career opportunities
- Annual company trips to exciting locations
- Support for potential future relocation to any one of our offices
- Handpicked team of the best people
If this sounds like a team you’d like to be a part of right away - then we can’t wait to hear about you!
Let’s get in touch and discuss your next, big career move.
About Host Away