Are you a talented Senior UI developer with 5 years experience, and fluent spoken and written English looking for an exciting role where you can take your skills to the next level? Would you like to join a fast-growing international startup and shape the future of how products are designed, prototyped and manufactured? If this sounds interesting, then we'd love to hear from you.
A little bit about us
Wikifactory is where ideas get made. We're the world’s first social platform for collaborative product development which enables teams to design together, prototype faster, and manufacture smarter. Inspired by the workflows of agile and open source software development, we are building the tools to accelerate the development of physical products. Our platform offers a 3D CAD Viewer compatible with over 30 file formats, a documentation system and version control drive, and a feedback system. It is also a web publishing tool allowing the community to publish Stories (our version of a blog) and has social functionalities including likes, views, shares and forums.
Our community includes designers, engineers, makers, hardware startups, teachers, students and other product innovators. Covering industries, including robotics, drones, electric vehicles, 3d printers, biotech, agri-tech, smart furniture, and medical supplies for Covid-19, our community is spread across 190 countries and has published thousands of valuable physical products that solve real challenges, with just a laptop and an internet connection. By connecting all the different elements of the product development lifecycle in one seamless online system, we’re building the Internet of Production.
Wikifactory is headquartered in Denmark with people in Madrid, Shenzhen and London.
You will be working closely with the Head of Product, design and engineering team. Responsible for implementing consistently high quality user-interfaces based on a growing set of modular, highly flexible and re-usable components. More specifically you will be:
- Informing user interface design proccesses based on your technical know-how.
- Developing user interface components.
- Implementing user flows using re-usable components where possible.
- Iterating existing user interfaces, improving performance, accessibility, semantic structure and usability.
- Ensuring existing interface components are maintained as designs evolved based on UX feedback.
- Documenting components, empowering frontend engineers to utilise existing solutions easily.
- Writing and maintaining UI and component tests.
What you bring
- 5+ years experience implementing modern UIs (SPAs) with modern JS (ES6/7, TypeScript, etc)
- 3+ years experience with either React, Angular or Vue (we use React).
- Experience with either Styles Components, Emotion or CSS Modules (we use Styled Components).
- Experience with theme based design system development.
- Strong semantic HTML, CSS3+ and SVG knowledge.
- Experience with modern UX and developer-handoff tools sign tools such as Sketch, Figma, Zeplin.
- Excellent communication skills and a team oriented approach.
- Enthusiasm for building infrastructure for the next industrial revolution
- User experience design and user interface design expertise.
- 3D user interface experience.
- Gaming interface development.
Depending on your experience.
Why Work at Wikifactory
- Join an exciting start-up with ambitious plans in a fast growing, multi-billion dollar industry
- Apply your experience in a disruptive technology area that is impacting every aspect of product development
- Gain unparalleled access to innovation communities in China and around the World