## About the Role
As a Senior Technical Architect at VariabL, you will be in charge of
Security, Technology and Infrastructure choices. You will lead the
design and implementation of complex and scalable financial
architectures where security is critical.
Our ideal candidate is one who can lead an engineering team, communicates effectively and thrives in a self-directed environment
- Design technical infrastructure from Research team’s deliveries (PoC codebase, Specs, White/Yellow papers),
- Implement a production-ready solution: Secure and efficient,
- Scale the Product development team (Test, Devops, Backend, Security engineers) that will implement your architecture,
- Benchmark back-end and infrastructure technologies,
- Write specifications and technical documentation,
- Organize audits lead by external services,
- Design Testing strategy all over the production chain.
- 5+ years as Technical Architect on a product with a high degree of
security required and a large number of users (Banking systems, Privacy
heavy consumer products)
- 3+ years as a Technical Manager on a 5+ team
## Bonus points
- Experience in Software Security,
- Demonstrated interest in Ethereum, smart contracts and/or cryptoeconomics,
- Experience in Finance, Fintechs, Trading sector,
- Experience with Agile/Scrum development methodology,
- DevOps skills,
## About VariabL:
VariabL started as a research project in ConsenSys in late 2015, The founding team has explored derivatives and hedging solutions like stable tokens before the first release of Ethereum (Frontier) and is now a remote-friendly startup located in Paris.
VariabL offers the first scalable and transparent non-custodial exchange for derivatives based on smart contracts and implementing latest blockchain technologies such as state channels for scalability. The aim is to offer new generation derivatives that will stabilize the decentralized applications ecosystem relying on volatile commodities like ether or tokens. VariabL will allow for decentralized players and traders to control their exposure on price volatility of crypto assets they use by entering our trustless derivatives while keeping in control of their funds.
We all share a passion for decentralization and sustainable value
creation. We are a team of 10 researchers, engineers and lawyers that
value scientific rigor and fast market experiments to prove and scale
our concrete use case.
Our product team has leveraged our initial research and has been running an alpha version of VariabL for more than 10 months gathering 600 traders giving us UI/UX feedback.
In the meantime, the financial department of our research team designed a scalable and robust Financial Engine for VariabL peer-to-peer derivatives while our blockchain researchers implemented a scalable infrastructure based on state channels enabling low cost transactions with high throughput.
## Some of the perks of being part of VariabL and ConsenSys Mesh:
The forefront of a revolution. At VariabL we fundamentally believe that a next generation of technologies presents the opportunity to create a more just and equitable society.
A dynamic startup environment. VariabL and ConsenSys are thought leaders in the blockchain space and we are absorbing a significant portion of the mindshare.
Continuous learning. You’ll be constantly exposed to new languages, frameworks and ideas from your peers and as you work on different projects -- challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
Deep technical challenges. This entire ecosystem is about 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much work to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users.