We’re the Operating System for the Music Industry – a platform that pumps up the jam of every play.
We connect all players of the industry to amplify the value of music. Driven by machine learning and copyright expertise, our system pumps neutral data and authoritative knowledge to everyone along the chain. For those who make or use music, we allow them to plug in to our O.S. to ease operations, increase earnings, and get in sync with everyone else.
Who the FAQ are BMAT
BMAT started in 2005 when a group of engineers with a passion for music decided to spin-off from an audio research lab in Barcelona. We’re now over 160 people, spread across Barcelona, Buenos Aires, Lima, Rio de Janeiro, London, Paris, New Jersey, Oslo, LA, Singapore, Tokyo, Manila, Bangkok and Lagos.
We’re a team of pretty decent people who enjoy working with each other. We’re open-minded and well-traveled, coming from all parts of the world. We’ve got rappers, producers, cello players, DJs, and songwriters. The passion for music and the excitement for innovative technology have proven to make a good combination.
We say there’s a BMAT touch. We believe it has to do with being passionate, obsessive, nice, generous, honest, self-motivated, entrepreneurial, intrepid, crazy, extraordinary, creative, agile, human, friendly, smart, witty, talented, naive, optimistic, surprising, sensual, and nerdy, but not very hipster (unfortunately). Our way of being is always sprinkled with transparency, perseverance, flexibility, open-mindedness and trustworthiness.
BMAT has grown as a company of companies. Within BMAT there are a number of products and services that developed semi autonomously for different players – Digital Service Providers, Publishers and Collective Management Organisations.
We’re looking for a Senior Tech Lead to help us build our Operating System for the Music Industry by managing our technical teams in order to continually improve our products.
If you’re passionate about the music industry and thrive working in fast and uncertain scenarios, we’d like to hear the sound of your keyboard solving the challenges we’re facing.
Our tech stack is mainly Python, AWS, MongoDB, Elasticsearch.
What you'll be doing
- Building the OS that helps music royalties flow from the consumer to the composer in the most efficient, transparent and fair way
- Develop a cross-company team of extremely talented developers who parachute into different projects and push technical developments
- Connect teams across the company who are addressing different parts of the puzzle, ensuring a cohesive long-term solution
- Interface with third-party systems and data lakes across the music industry, including digital music services, copyright societies and major publishers
- Ensure we have an up-to-date representation of all music usages, all music assets and all copyright pictures
- Advise BMAT’s leadership team on key technical considerations related to the future of our products (e.g. the need for blockchain technologies) – always with the aim to positively change the music industry as a whole
- Define, communicate and drive engineering best practices across teams
- Work hands-on with teams solving technical problems to deliver great value to users
- Own key decisions regarding our products’ technologies and architectures through clear scrutiny and reasoning
- Be a technical thought partner to department leadership and build trust with our strategic partners
- The mix of data, technology and music excites you
- You're an experienced developer
- You’re efficient and have a way of breaking down complex projects in a simple way in order to solve them
- You have love taking action and have an allergy to bureaucracy
- You are self-driven, autonomous and motivated
- You enjoy working at a fast pace in challenging environments
- You are a genuinely nice person (we mean that)
- English – full proficiency
- Spanish, Catalan and any other languages are a plus.
You Can Enjoy
- Flexible working hours and location
- Flat hierarchy
- You can make the role your own and run your own development
- Online language classes to improve your Spanish, Catalan or English
- Online and onsite courses and music industry workshops run by inhouse experts
- We’ll provide you with all equipment needed for you to be comfortable
- Unlimited time off because we believe that you know best when you need to rest.
- Barcelona HQ office available to you, kitted out with a rehearsal room https://www.bmat.com/bmat-house/
Diverse perspectives drive innovation, and innovation is kind of our thing. Our open-minded and flexible culture organically fosters this diversity. We've learnt that we thrive on learning from each other, so we don't just welcome but actively hire a range of open-minded people from all walks of life. Our team is made up of people with different backgrounds, perspectives, orientations, abilities, musical tastes, dress sense and time-zones - but we all have one common goal: Making the music world a better place. With equal opportunities for everyone, BMAT is a pretty nice place to work.
50 - 200
We're a team of pretty decent people who enjoy working with each other. We’re open-minded and well-travelled, coming from all parts of the world. We like coffee, tea, chai and mate all the same. We’ve got rappers, producers, cello players, DJs, and songwriters. The passion for music, the excitement for technology and Barcelona as a backdrop has proven to make a good combination.