THE WORLD OF UBISOFT
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create worlds people will fall in love with.
Ubisoft Barcelona Mobile is based in the heart of the vibrant and cosmopolitan city of Barcelona. Our studio brings together passionate and experienced professionals focused on delivering high-quality free-to-play games for mobiles and tablets. All our great titles are developed in Barcelona, the mobile world capital and hub of innovation in mobile development and technology.
As a Senior Tech Developer you will be responsible for integrating our internal SDK in the project and check everything works properly. Also you will be responsible of certain tools and tracking and creating/automating builds for submission to several different App Stores, and listening the technical needs of the designers and artists to implement what is necessary for these requirements. Reporting to the Lead programmer, you will liaise with a small team of programmers in addition to QA, Artists, Designers and Analytics managers. Your daily adventure:
- You understand the roadmap/implementation of SDKs and how they works.
- You identify and solve bottlenecks.
- You review code and asset integration through the different stages of development to ensure the project is always structured and technically under control.
- You create automation for build delivery to serve Production and QC needs (internal and external).
- You identify and report risks at a technical level to the lead programmer and other leads.
- You write robust, optimized and maintainable code.
- You write technical design documents, for milestones and internal use.
- You create complex systems for the needs of the projects, like real time events managers, asset bundles managers, editor tools...
Are you serious about fun? Do you consistently seek out learning opportunities and aim to beat your high score? Are you open to new ideas, perspectives and cultures and believe that it takes a world to build a world? At Ubisoft, you’ll work alongside passionate and talented teams who are imagining the future of entertainment.
- You have at least 5 years of experience in a technical position creating video games.
- You have excellent C++, C#, Java, Objective-C and Unity programming skills and experience, as well as advanced knowledge of Unity team workflow and integration pipeline.
- You’re proficient at Mobile Operating Systems: Android, iOS and others with an advanced understanding of the challenges multiplatform development brings.
- You have a good understanding of Mobile Submission Processes and its limitations: iTunes Connect, Google Play, Amazon App Store.
- You have an eye for detail, ability to multi-task and to adapt easily to change.
- You are problem-solving oriented and a great team player: we use agile development methods, where the team members are in permanent contact. Open mind, respectful attitude towards others and their work and good communication skills are a must.
- You enjoy working without direct supervision.
- You’re fluent in Spanish and have good command of English.
- You have work permit for Spain (prior to applying for the position).
- You have experience working on F2P Mobile products and an understanding of LiveOps requirements.
- You have experience with implementation of server-side components and Amazon EC2 server management.
YOUR LIFE AT UBISOFT BARCELONA MOBILE (and PERKS)
Start your day with a Nespresso coffee or a cup of tea, more often than not accompanied by some tasty cakes or pastries to celebrate a colleague’s birthday. With flexible working hours adapted to your lifestyle, there is no need to wake up too early in the morning! You’ve got until 10am to arrive, when the daily meetings begin for each project. In our studio, downtime is most often spent socializing in the kitchen, settling disagreements via heated table football matches, honing arcade gaming skills, or carrying some newbie colleagues in online gaming.
Keep up to date with our latest news with the Monthly Studio Update (complete with more free food) and celebrate successes together with a delicious team breakfast or lunch. Enjoy awesome events and parties (Christmas, summer, team building and more) and introduce your loved ones to the studio at our annual Family Day! Ubisoft Barcelona Mobile also offers Ticket Restaurant and Transport, health insurance, access to free or discounted Ubisoft videogames, generous profitability bonuses, training and career development opportunities, on-site language classes, fresh organic fruit, 25 vacation days per year, a reduced summer schedule, as well as spontaneous, fun and sometimes crazy surprises for events such as Carnaval, Easter, Halloween & La Castanyada!
An annual performance review is conducted to help our teams develop their careers and grow with our studio, providing the opportunity for salary increases annually as part of the process, as well as an Individual Training & Development Plan.