Dailymotion is the leading video discovery destination & technology that learns about your tastes over time, constantly surfacing the best, most relevant content on the web. Our mission is to provide the best video user experience for consumers on the market, connecting publishers and advertisers to engaged viewers who turn to dailymotion for their daily fix of the most compelling music, entertainment, news and sports content around.
Through partnerships with the world's leading publishers and content creators, including CBS, CNN, Fox Sports, GQ, Mashable, Universal Music Group, VICE and more, dailymotion commands 3 billion monthly pageviews across its mobile app, desktop and connected TV experiences. Dailymotion is owned by Vivendi, one of the largest mass-media corporations in the world.
We live and breathe to connect people to the videos that matter.
We are in the quest to find a senior systems engineer with a strong focus on storage solutions.
While being part of the production team (full linux plateform with over thousand bare metal hosts, hundred docker containers, vm) you will be primaraly focus on storage platforms architecture, deployment, evolution and opérations.
- Work with developments teams to optimize storage workflows
- Guarantee storage disponibility and availability threw all its usages and workload
- Debug recurrent problems that occurs
- Prevent breakage and plan necessary evolution due to constent new usage and workload
- Create and enhance architecture of the storage clusters
- Create and enhance procedures on storage cluster ; train other infrastructure members on those subject
- Maintain communication with third party providers of support or software on the storage solutions
- Very good knowledge of linux systems (ubuntu, redhat), multiple years of admin experience
- Very good knowledge of storage systems and principles (object storage, block storage, erasure coding ...)
- A strong tendency to industrialise everything that could and a clear focus on overhall stability of the systems
- Interest in systems security and good practice
- A good appetite for low level system debugging
- Must be effective in working in an agile environment
Object storage (scality, openio, s3, swift ...) / distributed storage / linux systems (Ubuntu, redhat) / configuration deployment (salt, ansible) / containerization (docker, lxc, kubernetes) / scripting (python, golang)
Location: Paris, France
Start Date: As soon as possible
Contract Type: Full-time and Permanent Contract