At Glovo we are constantly looking for talented and passionate engineers to join the team in our Barcelona office.
You are someone who loves working in a high-paced startup environment. You enjoy tackling different problems and take pride in delivering thought-through, well designed, flexible and easy to use solutions. You work well with other top-level engineers and value constructive feedback that helps you grow as a professional. You are not afraid of getting your hands dirty with a platform or technology that you don’t know, and are always eager to learn something new.
- Improve the existing delivery, operation and monitoring processes for the different services and systems of Glovo.
- Participate in the definition of a sustainable infrastructure strategy for Glovo and its execution.
- Help us improve and evolve the high-level architecture of our backend.
- Work side by side with developers to help them push their services from zero to production.
- Participate in incident management, diagnosis and mitigation.
- 5+ years of meaningful experience as Systems Engineer.
- Deep knowledge of network protocols (HTTP, DNS…) and operative systems.
- Experience managing Linux servers.
- Great scripting abilities (Python, Bash).
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (VPC, IAM, EC2, RDS, Kinesis…).
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code automation (CloudFormation, Terraform...).
- Experience with configuration management tools (Ansible, Puppet, Chef...).
- Experience with continuous integration solutions, preferably Jenkins.
- Experience with Docker.
- Experience managing and tuning relational database clusters, preferably MySQL.
- Knowledge of security vulnerabilities, attacks and best practises to protect against them.
- Experience managing distributed services / microservices platforms.
- Experience operating and tuning Java server applications.
- Experience with Kafka or Kinesis.
- Experience with RabbitMQ, SQS, ZeroMQ and other message brokers.
- Experience with ElasticSearch clusters.
- Attractive compensation and equity plan.
- Unlimited Glovos (zero delivery fee on your Glovo orders).
- A selection of fresh fruits and snacks.
- Gym membership discounts.
- Weekly team lunches.
- Back to School Fridays (it’s all about learning and sharing knowledge).
- Team building activities.
- Relocation package.
- The opportunity to change the world and see how everyone uses the product you build.
- Work in an international, dynamic and passionate environment with a great culture.