At Midokura, we have a vision to enable companies with a more flexible, customizable and adaptable network infrastructure worldwide through NAaaS (Network Automation as a Service). We seek talented Systems and DevOps engineers with experience in systems deployment and strong knowledge in Continuous Integration, internal infrastructure design, and maintenance. Midokura consists of an innovative team with SDN experience while at the forefront of providing Network Automation as a Service.
Midokura’s Continuous Integration team is looking for a Senior Systems/DevOps engineer to work with MidoNet, a fully-distributed and open-source SDN solution built by us, that powers virtual networking for the cloud. Systems/DevOps engineers at Midokura will design, build and maintain our development/test infrastructure and several complex deployments. This job provides a chance to work with the latest technologies and equipment to be able to operate bleeding edge cloud systems. It also assumes close work with the QA team in order to create reliable scenarios for testing product features.
We seek individuals that are passionate about open-source technologies, networking and cloud, that have experience building or testing network infrastructure, distributed or cloud systems. The position provides the opportunity to work with an exciting array of technologies in networking, cloud-computing, distributed-systems and virtualization, as well as being part of a team that is on the edge of innovating how virtual networks are built and operated.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Plan, improve and maintain our internal infrastructure
- Design, improve and maintain tests environments which will cover complex scenarios to stress our products
- Prepare, build and demonstrate proof of concept scenarios involving our products
- Build, test and deploy our products into integrated solutions with our partners products
- Communicate with internal and external customers on product issues, escalate to engineering as required (occasional on-call duties)
Required Skills and Experience
- At least 3 years experience with system administration, virtual infrastructure or network operation & management
- Knowledge of building and operating network infrastructure
- Experience with scripting languages like bash, Python and Ruby
- Experience with Linux / Unix operation, maintenance and support
- Self-motivation and sense of responsibility
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate in English
Desired Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience with system administration, tooling, operations and support
- Familiarity with data center operations
- Experience building and maintaining a CI infrastructure (Jenkins or similar)
- Experience developing and maintaining automated deployment systems like Ansible, Puppet, SaltStack, Chef, or JuJu
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Significant software development experience
- Knowledge of network and routing protocols; Ethernet, IP, TCP/UDP, BGP, MPLS, etc.
- - Travel the world by visiting our overseas offices.
- - Flexible hours.
- - Free beverages, and snacks.
- - Work from home days.
- - Reimbursements for commuting.
- - Help with apartment searches.
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!