Stuart is Europe’s leading on-demand logistics platform which connects businesses to a fleet of geolocalised couriers. Our platform allows businesses big and small in every industry to deliver to their customers with never-seen-before speed and efficiency.
In 2017 just 2 years from launch, Europe’s biggest logistics company GeoPost (Groupe La Poste) acquired Stuart so that it could join prestigious companies like DPD, Colissimo, SEUR & Chronopost and conquer urban logistics.
With an exciting blend of GeoPost Group expertise and a fun, agile start up culture; Stuart has expanded to more than 30 cities across the UK, France & Spain and continued the steep growth curve it’s become accustomed to.
What really makes Stuart tick though, is the 200+ people that work here every day to smash our goals. We are a free-thinking, enthusiastic bunch whether it’s sales or operations people, engineers or designers.
We’re passionate about looking at problems in fresh and innovative ways – every problem is just opportunity for a great solution. We love to invent new ways of doing things and come to work every day with smiles on our faces.
You wanna be part of that? We are currently looking for a Senior Systems Engineer who will focus on automation and optimization of the development and platform management lifecycle.
Our stack is: AWS, Terraform, Ansible, Docker, Ruby on Rails, MySQL, Sidekiq, Redis, Git, Kafka and Zookeeper.
What you will do?
- Establish continuous delivery pipeline to fully automate deployment of the highly available, mission critical cloud platform
- Create scripts and templates to build cloud-based development systems for our software engineers
- Build tools for deployment, monitoring and operations. Troubleshoot and resolve issues in our development, test and production environments
- Work with platform architects on software and system optimizations, helping to identify and remove potential performance bottlenecks
- Stay up-to-date on relevant technologies, plug into user groups, understand trends and opportunities to ensure we are using the best possible techniques and tools
- Understand, implement, and automate security controls, governance processes, and compliance validation
- Design, manage, and maintain tools to automate operational processes
Some of the specific challenges you will tackle:
- Create self-service capabilities for developers to write and manage services
- Implement security policies according to industry best practices
- Handle variable load patterns and rapidly increasing demand through elastic system design
- Help building our immutable infrastructure
- Take monitoring and observability to a new level by implementing Prometheus
Who are you?
+5 years of experience in systems administration, software development, or network management
+2 years of experience provisioning, operating, and managing AWS environments
- Strong background in Linux/Unix administration and scripting
- Extensive experience with a public cloud provider, ideally Amazon Web Services
- Experience with automation and configuration management using Ansible, or an equivalent.
- Proficiency in Terraform and Packer.
- Continuous integration with Jenkins or other CI/CD stacks
- Strong experience with MySQL (replication, clustering, backup/restore, SQL queries optimization) and Redis
- Software process automation with popular scripting languages (Bash, Python, and/or Ruby)
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available mission critical service
- Experience in automation and testing via scripting/programming
- Application performance analysis and monitoring
- Knowledge of best-practice security and networking techniques for an Internet-facing system
- Experience with Docker and knowledge of Kubernetes.
The most points you can tick, the better, but we don’t expect you to know everything. Attitude and willingness to learn are paramount.
The icing on the cake?
- Very attractive compensation package
- Have a real impact
- Awesome work environment at a company with a huge vision
- Extras like flexible working hours, catered lunch, gym membership, ping pong table, private health insurance…
After reading all this just a few last but important words: We want you to take on a role you love and we want to offer you a place you’re proud and happy to come to everyday.
So if you feel like there is a fit, apply! Get in touch with us and hit that button. We wanna hear more about you!
Stuart mission is to become the on-demand delivery leader in every supercity of the world through a simpler, quicker and cheaper transportation model.
From data scientists to restless couriers, designers to operation managers… Stuart strength rests upon our plurality of skills and expertise, building up our unique team. They operate from their headquarters in Barcelona, as in Paris, Brussels, London and Berlin, the first cities they'll ride through.
Co-Founded in 2015 by D. Leca (Sparrow founder acquired by Google in 2012), Stuart is now backed by great entrepreneurs such as J.D. Blanc (Allociné), J.A. Granjon (Vente-privee.com) and O. Mathiot (PriceMinister), with a total investment of €22 million.