Are you the guy or gal that likes to keep everything running? Are you focused on automation so you can keep making things better, rather than firefighting all the time? Are you organized, proactive, and able to keep a cool head? Are you passionate about building and maintaining the best infrastructure possible? Are you always “on” and ready to solve the next problem? Are you a “let’s get this done” kind of person? Are you a good human being? If that sounds like you, friend, then we need to talk:
Typeform makes beautiful, next-generation online forms. And we’re growing, fast.
We’re looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to join Typeform’s kick-ass Platform Team, who’s ready to hit the ground running.
- Help design and run our cloud infrastructure in Amazon Web Services
- Run servers on EC2 to run different applications (PHP, Go and NodeJS) using tools like Ansible, Terraform and Docker
- Ensure that all pieces are under appropriate monitoring
- Maintain and automate test environments for devs and QA
- Ensure service availability and be part of an on-call rotation
- Participate in architectural decisions. We are in the process of moving from a monolithic application to a more service oriented approach
- Keep our infrastructure clean, our servers cool, and our beloved Typeform alive
- Create tools to give developers more autonomy over the platform in which their services run, so they can own the deployment lifecycle, monitoring, etc
- Experience with configuration management tools—ensure changes are always applied by code
- Knowledge with MySQL and/or PostgreSQL
- Comfortable programming in Python, Go or others
- Knowledge with basic protocols like TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS
- Experience with HTTP tools like Nginx, Varnish, HAproxy
- Happy to share goals with developers, and want changes to be deployed sooner rather than later
For bonus points, you:
- Understand the importance of Continuous Delivery concepts and processes
- Have deep and broad AWS knowledge
- Have worked with self-healing systems, auto scaling, etc
- Have previous experience handling high amounts of traffic
- Are experienced with schedulers like Kubernetes, Mesos/Marathon or similar
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!