Our Infrastructure Story
As one of the fastest growing Online companies in Europe, we offer a unique opportunity for you, as a Senior Systems Engineer! We are rapidly expanding our Engineering teams to facilitate the tremendous growth of the company. As you can imagine, our website and infrastructure face numerous complex engineering challenges as a result of our continually increasing numbers of sellers and buyers (+14 million monthly visitors and counting). We’ve already implemented localisations 17 countries and will be expanding even further in the future.
That is why we need your help; we want to expand our team by introducing even more expert knowledge. Creating a solid engineering culture and using modern technologies are the key strategies we follow when developing Catawiki Platform.
Our infrastructure continues to scale across data centers and cloud providers emerging into a hybrid multi-tenant platform serving our teams and customers all over the world.
We are consistently improving velocity by applying automation across the whole technology stack and we use modern methodologies to design reliable and scalable systems. Sharing knowledge and implementing conventions and frameworks are crucial steps we follow toward empowering everyone and scaling Engineering beyond limits.
You’ll work in versatile teams equipped with open-source tools and cloud services like Ansible, KVM, Prometheus, ELK, GCP & AWS on challenges across the whole development life-cycle enabling everyone with systems we use and rely on.
What you will do
Whether you’ll be implementing compute management abstractions, improving continuous delivery processes or designing a framework, the systems you’re building will expand our 'Infrastrastructure as Code' and 'Engineering Principles and Practices' bringing new opportunities for Development and a greater customer experience.
As a Senior Systems Engineer, you’ll
be building self-contained and self-describing systems by applying
industry best standards and bleeding edge technologies across different
problem areas. While adopting new abstractions and services, or acting
as a technical leader, you’ll be working closely with other teams,
sharing expert knowledge to define system design, implement interfaces
or integrate components. In addition, you will:
- Build and enhance our hybrid multi-tenant cloud environment: Design, implement and maintain systems serving our infrastructure and customers.
- Develop systems that improve our development life-cycle and eliminate toil.
- Scale systems through automation, improving reliability and velocity.
- Implement system design improvements, conventions, and frameworks.
Who you are
- You know how to build scalable, resilient and reliable systems.
- Experience automating infrastructure and development processes.
- Solid knowledge of Linux/Unix internals, networking and security
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in information technology or a related field.
- ~5 years of experience in systems or software engineering in a growing business.
What we offer
This is your chance to become part of Europe's fastest growing tech company! You will have an exciting job in a young, fast-growing, dynamic & international organisation. In addition we will make sure you have a soft landing, should you have to relocate to the Netherlands. Additionally, you can expect:
- 25 days Paid holiday & holiday allowance
- The Catawiki pension plan (no contribution from the employees, so Catawiki is paying for the whole pension plan)
- Excellent opportunities for career development
- Sponsored events and afternoon drinks
- A fun team in a fast-growing online company facing complex challenges
- Lots of room to work on great ideas, and to learn and grow
Apply directly with an English CV and cover letter by submitting your information at the bottom of this page.