Eventbrite's business continues to grow and scale rapidly, powering millions of events. Event creators and event goers need new tools and technologies that empower them to have the most meaningful live experiences. As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will be part of a team that ensures that the Eventbrite platform runs efficiently, securely, and at scale.
We're a people-focused Engineering organization: the people on our team value working together in small teams to solve significant problems, supporting an active culture of mentorship and inclusion, and pushing themselves to learn new things daily. Pair programming, weekly demos, tech talks, and quarterly hackathons are at the core of how we’ve built our team and product. We believe in engaging with the community, regularly hosting free events with some of the top technical speakers, and actively contributing to open source software (check out Britecharts as an example!). Our technology spans the web, mobile, API, big data, machine learning, search, physical point of sale, and scanning systems.
The role is based in the newly opened Engineering Office in Madrid, Spain, where a growing group of highly-skilled engineers is developing Eventbrite’s global platform and operations.
- Experience with cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Platform.
- Fluent with a modern programming language.
- Considerable experience with Linux systems administration (Ubuntu experience appreciated).
- Experience with supporting production SaaS and adhering to key metrics such as reliability and availability.
- Ability to analyze and resolve network behavior, performance and application issues, and the drive to teach others on the best practices.
- Ability to participate in on-call duty with the team.
- Ability to debug and optimize code and to automate tasks.
THINGS YOU MIGHT DO
- As a member of the SRE team, you will share the responsibility for our platform with fellow engineers. You will embrace the SRE model, and you will be an early advocate in implementing the methodology at Eventbrite. As a member of the team here are some things you might do:
- Learn about technologies like Kubernetes and Nomad and leverage them within our platform.
- Facilitate post-mortem discussions with product teams to help guide learning and development from failure.
- Work with engineers and product owners to architect products that operate at production scale.
- Help teams launch microservices and provide tooling and automation around the tedious and manual steps.
- Design alerts and dashboards so that product teams know when to act on a problem in production.
- Mentor new SREs and engineers on best practices of running and maintaining a production environment.
- Participate in on-call rotations and train engineers to shadow and learn the art of debugging production.
- Help transition legacy codebases and products to the SRE model
Eventbrite is the world’s largest ticketing and event technology platform, powering millions of live experiences around the globe. We build technology that allows anyone to create, share, find and attend events of all kinds. Music festivals, marathons, conferences, hackathons, political rallies, fundraisers, gaming competitions— you name it, we power it. Meet some of the team.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Eventbrite is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, political affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Eventbrite company page is empty
Add a description and pictures to attract more candidates and boost your employer branding.