At AZTEC, our mission is to drive the largest financial ecosystems
onto the public blockchain, by providing the tools to deploy private
transactions across these networks.
We are a small and growing team of eight engineers and mathematicians. We are focused on bringing advanced zero-knowledge systems to market. We believe public blockchains need useable, efficient privacy to reach their full potential.
We are the creators and maintainers of the AZTEC Protocol, the most efficient zero-knowledge protocol built on Ethereum. You can find it here: https://github.com/aztecprotocol/AZTEC
We’re backed by ConsenSys, Entrepreneur First and a small group of great angel investors.
As a senior Solidity engineer, you will be architecting and implementing core parts of our smart contract architecture.
You will also be leading the architecture and implementation of tooling built to allow the effective governance and upgradability of our smart contracts.
As a senior team member you will be expected to mentor more junior team members, and you will contribute to both internally and externally facing documentation.
You will be participating in deadline setting and articulating priorities, and you should feel comfortable interacting with our users in order to get a deep understanding of the requirements.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Architecting and implementing core parts of the smart contracts underpinning AZTEC
- Mentoring more junior team members, and supporting their work
- Helping set deadlines, articulating priorities, and defining resources required
- Participating in the hiring process
Skills and experience required:
- Experience of being deeply involved in all stages of software development, from inception to shipping production ready software
- Deep understanding of Solidity and the EVM
- 5+ years experience of professional software development
- Experience mentoring junior engineers
Bonus points for:
- Experience working with Rust
- Awareness of security principles and best practises
- Experience in a growing startup
- An interest in cryptography and mathematics